Urgent advice on shipping stuff back please

embydoops

Hi we just had quotes from Crown, Chess, Wridgeways and movements international, They varied from $7,400 to $8,400 (packing the boxes ourselves) but then moving the big stuff, then I called them all and asked them to beat the cheapest and Movements quoted me the best price of $7.200 (from Brisbane to Manchester) We also researched the loss insurance and Percivals (liverpool based company) will insure the container for total loss, and aciidental damage from when it leaves us in Brissy to delivery for 300 pound (Not $$$$) this insurance is 1.5% of the value as oppose to 3.5% of the insurers based in OZ!!! Hope this helps Sorry forgot to say that was on a 20ft container !!!!!

Guest guest32067
Can anyone recommend shipping companies in sydney,and roughley how much container costs in $ your advice will be really appreciated Thanks :unsure:

Hi Embydoops

We used Allied Pickfords to ship back was pleased with them, cost was $8773.50

Tracey

Guest guest32067
Hi Tracey, did theypack it all for you? thanks

Packed the stuff we needed packing we still had stuff in boxes from when we moved to Oz.

Really think about your move back :smile:

Hi we had loads of quotes and in the end used movements international was 10,000 for a 40ft but I put the car in as well so thought that was good . They were really great came packed everything and loaded it in two days but of course dont have it yet so cant tell you any more. Also used letton percival for insurance .

Archived