Dunstable Downs Picnic Update

Which dates can you make for the picnic?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which dates can you make for the picnic?

• Sat May 5th
    • Sun May 6th
    • Sat May 19th
    • Sun May 20th
    • Sat June 2nd
    • Sun June 3rd
    • Sat June 29th
    • Sun June 30th

Guest Nicki Kefford

Hi Guys,

sos but missed the spot where we're meeting, not been reading post properly....coming from Midlands/Worcestershire area so any directions or a definate detination would be great.

Can't wait to put faces to names and realise part of the dream!! :wubclub:

Nicki & co.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest graham$nic

Hi guys so sorry we will not be able to make it next week:no: as hubbys brother has phoned hes coming all the way from oz on business so spending the weekend with all the family a big suprise as the kids and mother and father in law dont know, hope all have a great day and the weather is great for you all love nic xx

Guest Rachel&Stu
oooo i can't wait, i'm all excited :jiggy:

Glad it's not just me that's soooo looking forward to it, and I don't even care if it rains, so nah.

We'll make it a great day:yes:

Rachel x

Tuesday 29th May

Hi guys,

We are posting to see what you think to our alternative plan.

We went to the Highwayman Pub in Dunstable (as recommended by Sarah) this afternoon. They have loads of room and tables for lots of pomsinoz folks who don't fancy getting wet on the downs. The menu is basic but they offer a carvery for just £3.95. The manager had no probs with 50 odd people meeting at once (he probably saw the £ signs before his eyes).

The options for Saturday are

1. Picnic in the sunshine on the downs (but we can't guarantee it won't rain)
  2. Meet at the Highwayman, eat, drink and be merry
  3. Meet at the Highwayman and then travel in convoy to the downs if the weather perks up.

Please pm us or post in the thread with whichever of these options you think is better. We will go with the majority. Please let your feelings be known by Thursday as some folks need to travel some distance!

Felicity and Michael:wubclub:

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hiya:wubclub:

Option 3 sounds the most sensible to me:yes: but Stu and I will fall in with the majority......

I have looked at the weather forecast for the next 5 days, which is basically rain, rain, and then a bit more rain. Don't know about Bedfordshire, but here in Lincs we've had 10 days of more or less solid rain and the ground is extremely saturated.

However, I s'pose it might dry up! We will go with whatever decision is made!:yes:

Cheers,

Rachel x

Guest steve110

number 3 sounds good.

rachel, dunstable downs are a line of chalk hills,therefore they are pretty well drained.

they shouldn"t be sodden,unlike the ground round here .......

so you lot bringing food down with you and hoping for the best? seems a bit of gamble.

me, i"m going to visit tesco on the way ............

Sam - Fraid there isn't a play area there at all but it seems to be the largest venue that could cater for a large number of folks at no notice.

At the moment it looks like we could be meeting and then heading for the downs regardless.

Steve - we're going to bring food with us anyway. If the weather is naff we eat at the pub, if it's not we eat the picnic as planned.

Guest leanneandmark

£3.95!!!! Bloody hell was worried about the money for a bit there. Not only is it my sis 9th b/day but mums 50th, Blakes cub camp and he needs the uniform, Ethans very first School uniform and bag and p.e kit etc has to be ordered this month too. Think we could stretch to £3.95 though:cute: you can tell we live in Kent, bloody prices down here, roll on Aus.

Leanne

Sam - Fraid there isn't a play area there at all but it seems to be the largest venue that could cater for a large number of folks at no notice.

At the moment it looks like we could be meeting and then heading for the downs regardless.

Steve - we're going to bring food with us anyway. If the weather is naff we eat at the pub, if it's not we eat the picnic as planned.

Thanks Fizz

Will make sure DS/PSP are well charged then.

Hopefully the weather will hold and the little blighters can have a good kick about on the downs!

Leanne, wait til theyre older, it dont get any better!

Sam xx

Guest steve110

Are we going to swap mobile numbers just in case?

oh and get we get some directions/address for the pub?

Guest leanneandmark

OPTION 3 sounds good but our kids don't do good in smokey places!!, Bring on July 1st.

Leanne and Mark

Okee dokee people.

The Highwayman Pub and Carvery (it's also got a hotel/motel type thing attached to it)

If you are travelling from Milton Keynes (South) on the A5 keep going through the major traffic lights in the middle of Dunstable. Go through 3 more sets of lights and the Highwayman is just after the Hartwell Ford Garage on your left.

If you're coming from London (North) on the A5 and you reach Hartwell Ford then you have passed the Highwayman!!!

If coming from the Luton direction on the A505 or the M1 turn left at the major lights in Dunstable, go through 3 more sets of lights and the Highwayman is just after the Hartwell Ford Garage on your left.

Steve if you want my phone number you only had to ask - I hope you have a big trailer to bring your 20 camels but Mr B would like to know what happened to the landy? If there's no landy the deals off!

Guest steve110

tell you what, i"ll roll him down the downs .... that"ll get him out the way .........job done.

Guest Abi&Dan

I guess York's a bit far to travel from :no:

Oh well maybe the next one!! :cry:

Have fun all!! :wubclub:

Guest kimdownie

Hello everyone,

yes weather is forcast to be good, I am happy with any option.

Is there sheltered areas at the downs.....just in case the sun gets too hot (I WISH!!!)

Is anyone taking activities....eg bat and ball, football, kite, frisby?????

GETTING EXCITED NOW......tehetehe

Archived