Our stuff has arrived!!!

racht

Our shipment of belongings arrived yesterday and it is fantastic to have our stuff!!! I honestly didnt think I would be bothered about anything but it really is lovely to have familiar things around us.

We used Pickfords and they were amazing. I cannot praise them enough. It took them 8 weeks door to door and all the stuff arrived in one piece (apart from 1 champagne glass, cant complain). They were very organised too. I would def use them again.

Right,I'm off to tidy up, the house is an absolute pig-sty as the kids have gone bananas with all their toys etc.

Rach x

Our shipment of belongings arrived yesterday and it is fantastic to have our stuff!!! I honestly didnt think I would be bothered about anything but it really is lovely to have familiar things around us.

We used Pickfords and they were amazing. I cannot praise them enough. It took them 8 weeks door to door and all the stuff arrived in one piece (apart from 1 champagne glass, cant complain). They were very organised too. I would def use them again.

Right,I'm off to tidy up, the house is an absolute pig-sty as the kids have gone bananas with all their toys etc.

Rach x

Hi,

Nice to hear good things about shippers.....

I wonder if you had sole use of a container, which seems to be the way to go and avoid any " in transit losses".

It is nice to get your stuff, we made the mistake of dumping things we did not think we would need here, like winter clothes! Big Mistake!

Whenever the OH was loading up for yet another tip trip.... all I got out her was..."its a new life...we need new things". Its not "glass half full with my OH, its glass bloody well overflowing"

Best Wishes

L.L.

We didn't use a full container. We used about 1/3 of one. I have to say I was the same as your OH! We actually wouldnt have shipped anything at all but we only found out we were coming 1 week before (as we were already going on holiday to have our visas stamped) so it wasnt really fair on our family to get rid of everything. So glad we brought what we did, and like you, wish we had brought more.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Rach

Great news, it will make it feel more like home now, hope you haven't been camping out all this time!!

LOL Kate! As we were not bringing that much furniture we just bought stuff as soon as we arrived. The only thing we made do without until yesterday was a microwave. Also we have been eating our food on outside furniture (although we did bring it inside, I'm not that mean to the kids ;-)

We now have two of every kitchen utensil imaginable though and more pans than a professional kitchen!

Guest The Pom Queen

:laugh:Thank goodness, you could have always nipped round and borrowed my microwave lol, but you would have had to cook for us as well:biglaugh:

Archived