New Friends

My OH and I have been living over here (South of Brisbane), for almost a year now and have found it quite difficult to meet new friends. As we have no children, but are in the 40-45 age group, we have found it difficult to find places to meet people in similar situations. We are both young at heart people who enjoy a social drink. We enjoy new situations and experiences, so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.:smile:

Hi Maxine,

We have recently moved to Brisbane two weeks ago and live in Seven Hills. My OH and I are both 43years old and would very much like to make friends.

We would love to meet up with you for coffee or a wine!!! Let us know when is a good time and place.

Regards

Linda and Adrian

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Maxine, Linda, Adrian et al,

I arrive in Brisbane mid September and will be moving back into a house in Kenmore I bought 9 years ago when I first moved to Oz. Within 2 years of buying my work took me away but I am very happy to be about to start my australian migration mark II. I am 43 now. I recall finding it hard to get to know the locals on my first try and there were no such websites to put expats in touch. I still have a few English friends in and around Brisbane and I think its a great idea to swell those ranks.

So house warming it is - at my place once i buy a sofa or if hot - sat in the pool.

Andrew

Guest bagpuss

Hi

Just came across your posts.

We live the South side and we are 44 & 46 with grown up children. We also find it very hard to meet up with people. If any one fancy meeting up just pm me.

Bagpuss

Guest jocks in oz
I think we should organise a meet up. i am contacting two other couples this week with a view to meeting at some point this weekend. Let me know if you want to be included

Sounds good let us know the plans

cheers

count us in, we live in Belmont, aged 44 and 51 but very young at heart. I'm working this weekend but going to the Wynnum meet on the 18th. We have been here for 4 months now and would love to meet up. Maxine, I have you number as we need a haircut LOL.

lynne and chris

• 2 weeks later...

Archived