How to get round the new rules regarding IELTS for nurse registration?

mr luvpants

I have had an idea. After a bit of surfing last night , I may have a cunning plan, a plan so cunning you could put a tale on it and call it a weasel!

It seems that some people have trouble getting 7 in each section for the IELTS.After taking the test a few times they get the desired 7 in each section but its not in one sitting.

It seems that NZ nursing council also require a 7 in each section as well BUT the results can be from any IELTS test as long as they are within 12 months of each other.

Registration

So me thinks it may be possible to apply for NZ registration and then apply to your chosen state under the mutually recognised scheme.

QNC - Applicants from another state, territory or New Zealand

What do you think? Or am i talking s@@T?

JOHN

• 1 month later...

Ha me thinks that may be feasible. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight util I have the answer!!!

Thank you John. Good luck to you both. I guess Lisa won't have the results of her test yet. Is she having it sent direct to the nursing council or to her do you know?

Regards

• 1 year later...
Guest cupidarvind

Hi all,

There is an update in the AHPRA website on 14th Sept 2010. Could someone please help me with the below confusion:

Applications received before 13 September 2010

For applications received and not processed before 13 September 2010, the Board will honour the assessment frameworks adopted by the previous State or Territory Nursing and Midwifery Registration Boards. Any qualification accepted by any one of these boards will be accepted by the NMBA in all Australian jurisdictions.

My wife is a qualified nurse from India and currently working in the UK. We sent off the application on 9th Sept based on the new norms where if the overseas applicant are exempted from IELTS if their Secondary education and Nursing subjects are thought and qualified in English.

The AHPRA received our application on time ie; on 13th Sept and we have the proof from the Courier delivery receipt.

We are so confused and terrified if the board will accept our application without IELTS though they have received our application on 13th Sept. Just a bit of additional info: I provided our Credit card details for Application fee processing and they have debited on 17th Sept from our Account; which means they received and started the process on the same week.

Would someone be able to advise if it's going to be accepted.

Thank you,

Arvind

• 2 weeks later...

l just want to find out did they register your wife without the IELST TEST . because l want to send mine too without the IELST TEST.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest loveaussies
Hi all,

There is an update in the AHPRA website on 14th Sept 2010. Could someone please help me with the below confusion:

Applications received before 13 September 2010

For applications received and not processed before 13 September 2010, the Board will honour the assessment frameworks adopted by the previous State or Territory Nursing and Midwifery Registration Boards. Any qualification accepted by any one of these boards will be accepted by the NMBA in all Australian jurisdictions.

My wife is a qualified nurse from India and currently working in the UK. We sent off the application on 9th Sept based on the new norms where if the overseas applicant are exempted from IELTS if their Secondary education and Nursing subjects are thought and qualified in English.

The AHPRA received our application on time ie; on 13th Sept and we have the proof from the Courier delivery receipt.

We are so confused and terrified if the board will accept our application without IELTS though they have received our application on 13th Sept. Just a bit of additional info: I provided our Credit card details for Application fee processing and they have debited on 17th Sept from our Account; which means they received and started the process on the same week.

Would someone be able to advise if it's going to be accepted.

Thank you,

Arvind

Hi Aravind ...do u mind mail me your contact details as we r in the same boat....we r stuck in filling the forms....I dont know whom to ask some doubts...if u dont mind please pm me

Guest loveaussies
I have had an idea. After a bit of surfing last night , I may have a cunning plan, a plan so cunning you could put a tale on it and call it a weasel!

It seems that some people have trouble getting 7 in each section for the IELTS.After taking the test a few times they get the desired 7 in each section but its not in one sitting.

It seems that NZ nursing council also require a 7 in each section as well BUT the results can be from any IELTS test as long as they are within 12 months of each other.

Registration

So me thinks it may be possible to apply for NZ registration and then apply to your chosen state under the mutually recognised scheme.

QNC - Applicants from another state, territory or New Zealand

What do you think? Or am i talking s@@T?

JOHN

I think thats a good idea...........I will think about it as well

Archived