Emirates - do we get more baggage or not?

3go2Perth

I have just been on the phone to the Emirates customer service line to ask how we go about getting the extra baggage allowance when migrating.

As I had feared - they are saying that since they increased the general allowance from 20kg to 30kg, then they no longer offer any extra to migrating customers.

Now.. I know from reading this that some people have had conflicting advice on this before, so has anyone managed to get an increase *recently*? And if so how? I want to book flights today!!!!!

Thanks!

J

Hi I have booked flight for 12 th August, I got extra baggage allowance after using code from moving planet website. I had to send written confirmation of visa. I now however have written confirmation of getting 50kg baggage allowance

Hi I have booked flight for 12 th August, I got extra baggage allowance after using code from moving planet website. I had to send written confirmation of visa. I now however have written confirmation of getting 50kg baggage allowance

Ooh ooh! :jiggy:Please can you post the link? I had heard of Moving Planets before but couldn't seem to find it when I tried yesterday. And can you tell me exactly what you needed to do? Was it a general code? One specific to your MP membership? How did you know who to write to?

I need all the info! :biglaugh:

Thanks!

J

not the easiet website to register with!

U dont need to register, go to emirates website, put in flight details and add in promotional code UKMOVE1, this will give you discounted flights and extra baggage allowance.

To get the baggage allowance you need to call emirates customer service, they will ask for evidenve of permanent migration, once you send them a copy of your visa letter, they will send you an email stating you have 50 kg baggage allowance.

"icon1.gifRe: Moningplanet.net help for emirates extra baggage allowance

I booked my family's flights to Melbourne yesterday on the Emirates site. Procedure:-

• Tried to contact Moving Planet website and emailed them - no luck
  • I entered the UKMOVE1 promotional code, from this forum, on the online booking form.
  • This then registered the booking as a Moving Planet offer, reduced the cost and increased the baggage allowance.
  • You get a booking reference and get to choose your seats but do not pay.
  • I emailed the Emirates online support centre with a scan of me and my family's passport, visas and booking ref
  • Received confirmation email that baggage allowance had been increased
  • Went to Manchester airport to pay for and collect tickets.
  • I understand that we could have paid by phone received e-tickets.

Excellent result, cheap tickets and 50kg baggage allowance for all family members even my 3 yr old son!

Rajag"

And that was only posted about a month ago!

I'll give it a whirl & let you know how I get on!

I used the UKMOVE1 promotional code and got 50kg for each of us (including my daughter) and about £90 off the total price.

Booked online, then today went to Manchester Airport to pay, and show the visa grant letter.

We fly 16th August! :jiggy:

Thought I would try this (but not flying) put in 2 adults, one way with Emirates, took code used date 01/10/09, cost with Moving Planet dicount £1839.

Tried same date with netflights.com and they had EVA Airways at £958 as their best deal on that day, seems a lot to pay for the extra allowance. I did ony check that date.

Thought I would try this (but not flying) put in 2 adults, one way with Emirates, took code used date 01/10/09, cost with Moving Planet dicount £1839.

Tried same date with netflights.com and they had EVA Airways at £958 as their best deal on that day, seems a lot to pay for the extra allowance. I did ony check that date.

We've paid a little under £490 each to one way to Perth. It does depend on which flights you want to take - on some days the more convenient times (depart Manc 2pm ish, <3hour wait in Dubai, arrive 5:25pm in Perth) are more expensive, and on other days they're not.

Guest craigmin

We too are flying with emirates in sept so i called them up and was told that if we wanted extra baggage allowance we would have to pay extra.

Archived