12 weeks in Secret Harbour

The Yuills

Well we have been here in Perth now 12 weeks this week. We are still in Secret Harbour and still love it!!!

We have now got a long term rental, which feels like home. Kids are in school and they are enjoying especially the 6 year old. He is thriving at Comet Bay Primary. Work wise not doing quite what he done in the UK but his confidence has trebled and he is full of questions all the time. He is also doing swimming lessons at the State Swim School here in Secret Habour and is doing very well. He had lessons in the UK, private and school lessons, and already the difference in their teaching is astounding. They concentrate on how you swim not the distance you can swim! Though my son can swim a length - his style was almost like drowning dog style!!! He has made a lot of friends and already organising his birthday bowling party!lol

My Husband got laid off at work (he was working for an Agency), but the company took him on direct - so more job security. So all in all he has had 3 weeks off work since being here. We are very lucky this has happened and it really is who you know. If he had not got on with the agency he would not have known the foreman, as it was him who gave him a reference for a perm. job. He has managed to take HR lessons and pass his test $800 well spent!! That is someting he can fall back on. It looks like the compnay he is working for is also going to put him through his machine license, so that will save a few hundred dollars.

I have a few friends now, all made from PIO and go off to bingo once a week, have won a few times!! I am not a bingo person but it gets me out from the house, I do not work.

I still struggle with the shopping..where to go and what to buy, but will get there I am sure.

Still waiting for a TFN number..as a returning resident I cannot just apply online and the hassle I am having is so annoying, you speak to someone one day and you come off thinking good will get it tomorrow and then when it doesn't come I phone again and low and behold told something different and totally contridicts everything you have been told. Still waiting...does not matter what country, government officials and call centres are all the bloody same!!!!

We have been to loads of places now and still love going out weekends exploring, something we could not do in the UK. Husband worked Monday to Saturday, I worked every evening and Saturday pms and all day Sunday till 8pm just to get by!! Here I do not need to work so we are able to get out and about. This is what we wanted so for that we are grateful..everything else is a bonus. We are much more contented as a family and are happier than we have been for a very long time. We even go cycling!!

Still trying to understand how grown women can go to get takeways on a Saturday evening in pjs and slippers!!!

Any way just really to say we are loving Secret Harbour and enjoying Perth and hope to continue loving it!!!

Sue xx

Guest guest17301

You've settled quickly Sue, sounds really great. We are yet to explore 'down south' lol. Great about your hubbys job, the HR sounds really cheap..something my OH is considering too. Thanks for your update, good to hear you're doing so well. Long may it continue x

How great to hear from you Sue & fantastic to hear how well things are going for you

Its so great to hear how well your little boy has settled in & made lots of friends...:cute: Hope he has a fantastic bowling party

Love the part about women going to get take-aways in their p.j's & slippers...:laugh:

It really is great to read about how life is for people, so keep the posts coming for us...It reminds us waiting what its all for

Guest yorkshirepud

Thanks Sue for updating us, keeps me feeling positive, especially hearing about children settling well, as its my main worry, well that and a thousand other things. We are heading to SH in September, so maybe see you some time!

Kerry x

Archived