3 dogs and 1 cat

Guest jo3636

Guest jo3636

hello everyone, im new to this website! my famliy and i are relocating to the gold coast hopefully by the end of this year.

I am worried about transporting my 3 dogs and cat to oz, there are so many different companies its confusing ! my pets mean everything to my family and i, and are concerned about the stress it can put on them.

Thousands of you must have been in the same situation....can anyone give me some help and advice on good trust worthy pet transportation services? that you have used personally and ratings of there services?

We are currently living in spain, but are considering driving back to the uk with our pets, as transporting them direct from the uk to oz seems less stressfull for them and a more direct route.

Also where is the nearest quarantine station to the gold coast, is it new south wales?

how did your pets cope with quarantine? any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.....please help put our minds at rest,

Thank you, joanne

hello everyone, im new to this website! my famliy and i are relocating to the gold coast hopefully by the end of this year.

I am worried about transporting my 3 dogs and cat to oz, there are so many different companies its confusing ! my pets mean everything to my family and i, and are concerned about the stress it can put on them.

Thousands of you must have been in the same situation....can anyone give me some help and advice on good trust worthy pet transportation services? that you have used personally and ratings of there services?

We are currently living in spain, but are considering driving back to the uk with our pets, as transporting them direct from the uk to oz seems less stressfull for them and a more direct route.

Also where is the nearest quarantine station to the gold coast, is it new south wales?

how did your pets cope with quarantine? any help and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.....please help put our minds at rest,

Thank you, joanne

Hi I would like to know who to trust too as we are taking our chiwawa with us, and he is a stress head you only have to say boo to him and he jumps a mile.

We are planning on moving Jan next year. so not a lot of time left to sort things out:)))

We are looking Brisbane south like Helensvale were ever OH can find work:)))

Cheers Brig xxx:))):wubclub:

Guest jo3636
Hi I would like to know who to trust too as we are taking our chiwawa with us, and he is a stress head you only have to say boo to him and he jumps a mile.

We are planning on moving Jan next year. so not a lot of time left to sort things out:)))

We are looking Brisbane south like Helensvale were ever OH can find work:)))

Cheers Brig xxx:))):wubclub:

hi, we are also relocating around that time, and also to helensvale, what a small world lol !, have you had any quotes yet? on reading other posts a few famalies have recommed pet air, have you heard of them? i will keep you posted on any info i recieve, where in the uk are you at mo? we are still in spain, keep in touch, joannne

Guest kate1973

Hi I am also flying my 3 dogs and 1 cat over at the end of the year, I am quite nervous but have read only positive posts about the journey and quarantaine. I am curious how and if people have visited their animals in quarantaine if they locate in a different area such as queensland where no quarantaine station is located?

hi, we are also relocating around that time, and also to helensvale, what a small world lol !, have you had any quotes yet? on reading other posts a few famalies have recommed pet air, have you heard of them? i will keep you posted on any info i recieve, where in the uk are you at mo? we are still in spain, keep in touch, joannne

Hi Joanne we live in Yarm teesside:)))

I have heard of Air Pets, and golden Arrow shippers:)

OO your going to the same place. Will deffo keep in touch:)

What work you looking for out there?

My OH is cabinet maker bedrooms/kitchens and anything else realy but he dose the on site fitting:) But like he said if he dosen't find a job in that he will do anything.

I make Reborns so I need to go some where were I can sell my arts and crafts. And I know the gold coast do a craft fair every night there.

Have you been to oz before?

We went to the gold coast and loved it:)

I mannaged to find a rental place that will take pets too and that was in Hellensvale, don't know what it will be like but it's a start. Think the name is Lowset Duplex:)))

Cha soooon, Brig x:)))

My OH is cabinet maker bedrooms/kitchens and anything else realy but he dose the on site fitting:) But like he said if he dosen't find a job in that he will do anything.

I make Reborns so I need to go some where were I can sell my arts and crafts. And I know the gold coast do a craft fair every night there.

I mannaged to find a rental place that will take pets too and that was in Hellensvale, don't know what it will be like but it's a start. Think the name is Lowset Duplex:)))

Duplex is a semi detached

Cha soooon, Brig x

Hi I am also flying my 3 dogs and 1 cat over at the end of the year, I am quite nervous but have read only positive posts about the journey and quarantaine. I am curious how and if people have visited their animals in quarantaine if they locate in a different area such as queensland where no quarantaine station is located?

Dont know bout qland but in WA you need a special licence to have morre than 2 dogs and its a struggle gettin a rental with 1 never mind 3 good luck

Hi. We used Golden Arrow to ship our 2 dogs out to Perth. I have no complaints about the company whatsoever. We visited our dogs twice a week and they seemed fine and came through quarrentine none the worse for wear and are very settled in their new home.

It not cheap to bring your dogs over. It came to about 3000 pounds for each dog when you add everything up but hubbie knew I wouldn't move without them.

Try not to worry to much about your dogs/cats they seem to handle the move better than we do - i think we have more stress to cope with. lol

Ali

Duplex is a semi detached

Ah ok at least I know now:)Thanks for letting me know:) Not bothered were I rent to start, well as long as it's tidy.

Cheers Brig:)

Cha soooon, Brig x

Ah ok at least I know now:)Thanks for letting me know:) Not bothered were I rent to start, well as long as it's tidy.

Cheers Brig:)

Hi

it's a long time since we brought our cats over, but we used Airpets and were really happy with them.

As others have said, your biggest hurdle is going to be securing a rental. If there are a few applicants for a house, which there often are, and you have a number of pets and other people don't, your application will not be accepted.

I would admit to 2 small outside dogs (because they never come into the house do they lol) and temporarily forget about the cat and other dog! The rental agent always has to give you notice of when they are coming over so you would have time to make other arrangements for the extra pets!!

Love

Rudi

x

Hi

it's a long time since we brought our cats over, but we used Airpets and were really happy with them.

As others have said, your biggest hurdle is going to be securing a rental. If there are a few applicants for a house, which there often are, and you have a number of pets and other people don't, your application will not be accepted.

I would admit to 2 small outside dogs (because they never come into the house do they lol) and temporarily forget about the cat and other dog! The rental agent always has to give you notice of when they are coming over so you would have time to make other arrangements for the extra pets!!

Love

Rudi

x

Yes our Maxi always sleeps outside:yes:mmmmm:)

Cheers Brig x:)))

Guest liza & si

Hi there

We used Airpets 2 years ago to bring our cat who was 15 at the time, she done really well. Our dog which is a mad staffie was also ok. I worried about sending them but couldn't leave them behind. The cost of both of them then was 2881 pounds. Then you have Quarantiine which was hitting the $650 each. No doubt it is more now....

We live in Brisbane so they had to go to Sydney for there 30 day jail time, we then had them both flown up to us by Dogtrainers. I think that cost around $300 well worth the money.....

Hope this helps and good luck....

liza

forgot to say in QLD you can only have 2 dogs on a residential plot, so you would have to get a permit for the third one. Plus you have now got to registered your cats as well..................more money!!!!

Archived