How long does it take to get a "Working Holiday" visa

Becontree Boy

At long last! Our 24 year old, UK based daughter has seen the light and wants to join us in Australia!

We thought we'd kick off by her getting a working holiday visa (as we're moving to regional Victoria, that could last her for two years if she does some fruit picking). After two years we can alway see what's available after that. Maybe a student visa on an appropriate degree course?

Does anyone know of somebody who has recently applied in the UK for a working holiday visa? How long did it take to come through?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Guest pixie_duzt2003@hotmail.co

hiya, im on a working holiday visa at the mo, i applied online and had it within 24 hours, its electronic so you dont get a stamp or anything in your passport,hope this helps! :cute:

Guest Jolaaled

Hi.

My daughter applied online and we got an email to say it had been agreed, just a few hours later. Really quick!

Excellent news from "Pixie" and Jolaaded. In the e-mail saying the application is successful does Australia House want you to follow up with any documentation like, say a certified copy of your passport? Do they ask for evidence of savings at this stage?

Has anyone else got any information about how long a postal application takes?

Guest pixie_duzt2003@hotmail.co

i wasn't asked for any evidence or copies of passport, if you answer yes to the question about criminal convictions, you will be asked to give a statement of the offence and what if any sentence you had, my boyfriend had a drink driving conviction, they just asked for a detailed explanation of what happened,so his visa took a bit longer but he still had it in a couple of days, no they don't ask for evidence of savings when you apply, i wasn't asked at all,but i did take a copy of my bank statement as i was told you may be asked at the airport,hope this helps!:spinny:

Our daughter got e-mailed today: she's got her working holiday visa. Even applying by post, she got her visa in less than a week!

We want to book her flight but are unsure whether she needs to have a return or not. Could she just a get a single for now?

All the flights we see advertised on-line want her to return by June 2010 (ie: 11 months from now) so it seems like a waste if she stays for two years.

Archived