How long til we chase for visa?

3go2Perth

I have read with joy (and no small amount of jealousy) the posts from others who have had their visas since the 1st July. It does seem as though the 175s in particular have picked up again. But there are many of us still waiting even though we know everything is ticked off / finalised / hopps jumped through.

My question is.. how long do we wait til we ask our agent to chase? I have already told work that I'll be handing in my notice as soon as I have the visa, and I'm now sick of being asked 'no news?' 15 times a day! [Do I *look* like I have just had that fantastic news??? :sad:]

We had planned to fly out early August, and I'm starting to be quite tempted to resign now, and cross fingers that the visa comes in the next couple of weeks.

Blah!!!!

Guest bentkitty

When your CO asked for your Meds did they give you 28 days or 70 days? You may find that your file will not be opened again by the CO until that time period is up. We were given 70 days by our CO to get meds & PCs submitted, even though they were sent well in advance of that timeline the CO did not open our file till the 70 days were up. Those in the know on these forums have informed me that apparently most COs operate in this manner. On day 71 we had our visa grant.

Hope this helps with your planning! Good luck

Guest mandisfam

:hug:, to you. The wait is just poo, when you know you have given them everything you think they will ask for.

Did your agent apply online for you??? If so, what does it say online when you check???

Our 175 visa was granted 3rd July and our agent said it would be early July. I had it in my head had we not heard by the end of this week, so by 9th July, (cos Oz a day ahead), I would have emailed my agent to chase. But thankfully it didnt come to that.

So I personally would try and wait till Wednesday or Thursday and then ask them chase. But if its really doing your head in, do it now, at least you will feel that you have done something.

Good luck and I really hope that visa turns up soon.

Mandisfam

Hi, know hexactly how you feel, the stress of waiting is really doing my head in now. On friday i sent a Post Lodgement Enquiry to the department,

General Skilled Migration Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form

we gor an email back this morning saying basically thanks they had everything, and will contact us if they need anything else and thank you for our patience

Dont know if will do any good but might remind CO that we still here lol

We only had 28 days to return all info, that was up on 15th June and still not heard a thing:arghh:

Claire x

Thanks both, for the quick replies. You should work as CO's - the wait would be much less!!!

I don't know how long our CO gave as our agent didn't pass that info on. We'd just had our meds done & they were about to be posted the day we found out we had a CO, so I imagine it wasn't seen as relevant. They did say they thought it'd be 4-6 weeks from then, so maybe it was 30?

30 days later, though, the CO thought that the HOC were still processing when actually they'd finalised the meds but hadn't told the CO. So how long after that would we get back to the top of the pile?

Oh I am driving myself mad with this! I feel like a spare part at work as everyone knows I'm probably leaving soon. As much as I have loved working here and am hugely loyal to the company, now that I have decided I can move on then I need to.

J

Guest Quwa

Id say the same as bentkitty - we were given 70days to give extra information which we provided within a week of being asked. we have emailed for a status update and they said all docs are there and recorded in teh file just waiting for the CO!!! Our 7days are up this Thursday, fingers crossed he doesnt ask for anymore docs and we hear by the end of the week.

Good luck, it is very frustrating i know but it will happen ;o)

Did your agent apply online for you??? If so, what does it say online when you check???

Mandisfam

It was online - but when I check the system it says my meds are still outstanding even though we've been told they're not!

Guest bentkitty
It was online - but when I check the system it says my meds are still outstanding even though we've been told they're not!

Dont the worry thats normal, as the CO has not gone back to your file yet the system has not been updated with the latest info. We had the same, HOC confirmed they were finalised and our CO alerted, but it said 'meds outstanding' until the day of our visa grant.

Guest toria

I hope you hear soon,forgive me for asking but what extra info do they ask for at that stage?

Toria

I hope you hear soon,forgive me for asking but what extra info do they ask for at that stage?

Toria

Hi Toria

If you have not already provided medicals & police checks by the time your CO looks at the file, then they will ask for those. What else they ask for is dependant on your circumstances, and what they feel they need to check or need more evidence on.

We weren't asked for anything else, but I have heard of people being asked to give more evidence of their relationship with their partner, more details of their company if they are sel employed, more info about current role at work etc.

Hope this helps

J

Guest Quwa

Toria

hi Toria

We were aske for reference as i am a contractor and go from job to job, had to provide reference, tax docs like P60s, pay slips and bank statements to show that i was paid for the jobs i did. had to go back from April 2007 until April 2009 when my application was recieved.

x

Guest OgaPoga

what we did - once our medicals were finalized in Sydney, we sent an e-mail to our case officer just to let him know that documents he requested (Police and medicals) are all attached. Next day those documents changes status to met. Maybe you could also e-mail them?

Archived