Hi all new to pia

Irishgirl1

FIRST OFF I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY WHAT A FANTASTIC WEBSITE THIS IS. I HAVE BEEN READING LOTS OF THREADS FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS NOW AND FIND IT VERY HELPFUL AND COMFORTING.

AS YOU CAN SEE I AM AN IRISH GIRL FROM DUBLIN SO I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME JOINING AS I HAVE'NT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING FOR JUST IRISH TO OZ SITES. OR WITH IRISH TO OZ FORUMS ON IT.

SO I AM HAPPY TO JOIN IN HERE IF THATS IS OKAY WITH ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE WITH LOTS OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND STORIES TO TELL:smile:.

I WILL FILL YOU GUYS IN ON MY STATUS IN TIME BUT I HAVE BEEN IN PERTH SINCE 1988, 21 YEARS IN NOVEMBER AND I AM LOST,LONELY,SAD,UNHAPPY NOT HAPPY ABOUT LIFE AT ALL

SO I WILL WAIT AND SEE IF ANYONE IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT ME BEING HERE

MANY THANKS AND AGAIN THANKYOU FOR A WONDERFUL SITE ON SO MANY VIEWS FROM SO MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES.:unsure:

Guest Little Stalky

Hello there. Welcome to PIO. Sorry to hear you're feeling down :( Is it anything particular that you're not happy about?

x

FIRST OFF I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY WHAT A FANTASTIC WEBSITE THIS IS. I HAVE BEEN READING LOTS OF THREADS FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS NOW AND FIND IT VERY HELPFUL AND COMFORTING.

AS YOU CAN SEE I AM AN IRISH GIRL FROM DUBLIN SO I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME JOINING AS I HAVE'NT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING FOR JUST IRISH TO OZ SITES. OR WITH IRISH TO OZ FORUMS ON IT.

SO I AM HAPPY TO JOIN IN HERE IF THATS IS OKAY WITH ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE WITH LOTS OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND STORIES TO TELL:smile:.

I WILL FILL YOU GUYS IN ON MY STATUS IN TIME BUT I HAVE BEEN IN PERTH SINCE 1988, 21 YEARS IN NOVEMBER AND I AM LOST,LONELY,SAD,UNHAPPY NOT HAPPY ABOUT LIFE AT ALL

MANY THANKS AND AGAIN THANKYOU FOR A WONDERFUL SITE ON SO MANY VIEWS FROM SO MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES.:unsure:

hi and welcome ....whereabouts in perth are you ....would love to hear your story

mrs keily

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to PIO, first off have a big virtual hug:hug: It sounds like you are very down at the moment but hopefully we can cheer you up:jiggy:

Guest LondonGal

SO I AM HAPPY TO JOIN IN HERE IF THATS IS OKAY WITH ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE WITH LOTS OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND STORIES TO TELL.

Hi there IrishGirl,

Welcome to PIO. :hug: There's lots of us here in Oz and Perth who have similar feelings, you'll get lots of support on here. Feel free to post away, it really helps when you are feeling down to post how you are feeling.

LG.

Guest Impatient

A great big welcome and a big hug (unless I am going to get my head kicked in by your other half!).

Feel free to tell your story, the negative ones are just as valued as the positive ones for helping us all on our own individual journeys.

Thank you for your kind messages:-), I was 15 when I moved here and I am 35. I came here to Perth with my parents and bro and sis, I did'nt want to come at all. It took me years to settle (if I ever have) I did'nt do well at school, left early, did a tafe course did not get my first job till I was 19. Alot of that was a confidence issue for me I guess.

So I started work it was only 3hrs a day, but then over time I became full-time. I bought my first house at 21 with my best friend with the help of my parents. As soon as I was 22 I went home for a holiday. Went back again in 1999,2000,2004,2007,2009, last 3 times with my Irish husband and with my two lovely kids who are now 7 and 3. I married my childhood sweetheart who was my neighbour as a young teenager. He was very good and moved here to be with me in 2000 (bless him) but it took him along time to settle, and well not sure if that has really even happened.

What I think is the wrong with me is I want to get back and give it a go, I feel sad, empty when I come back, my kids are still at an age that I think they will do well with alot more extended family over there.

As soon as we get back all we do is start saving to go back again a soon as we can.

We have no house here we rent off my parents, because I went through a very bad time with PND after my daughter was born and made some decisions that has'nt helped our future and I can't dwell on that stuff I have to move on be the best mum i can be to my kids. But I don't know if that is here, and I don't anymore I don't know if it has ever been that I can be the best here. Most days I wake up and don't want to get out of bed I don't want to talk to anyone. Maybe I have just lost my way I don't know.

My relationship with my family is great in my eyes but to be honest I think I let them down and really I know I am loved but there is just something that I can't quite put my finger on that isn't right, there is things that maybe silly to some people but hurt me. I get my hair done, lose a bit of weight, get dressed up to got out and my parents would'nt notice, but my sister well thats another story they notice everything about her. I give and try so hard and I don't think I should have to I feel I am making up for not being what they want to be, all about money all about owning a house just paying a mortgage. I want to live and travel and see the world and from Ireland I can do that and be happy I hope, I have gone on a bit and I am sorry

thank you for taking the time to read this x:confused:

Guest rachandjon

Hi Irish girl, sorry to hear you sounding so sad. Sounds like you have had some rough times. I am an Aussie who moved to London for 8 years. My family wren't mean or anything, but getting away from them was the making of me! I was the youngest and felt like I could never quite get away from their perceptions of me! If you have visited Ireland so many times, you must like it (I loved it!!!) and if you don't have a house here, why don't you give it a go moving there? Pay for the flights, get some help from his family and see what happens! You only live once and you sound unhappy in Aus.. Good luck with it all x

Archived