Meds - why its worth chasing!

3go2Perth

Our medicals were done at the end of April and sent off 13th May.

Hubby's & Daughter's showed as finalised 21st May, but 4 weeks later no sign of mine being finalised also.

After other PIO-ers who had sent their medicals later than us said theirs had been finalised I got on to our agent to ask them to chase. Here was the response they got from the DIAC:

I confirm that Mrs J's medicals have now been met and are valid in our systems until 28 May 2010. The other family members were finalised slightly earlier and are valid until 21 May 2010.

Regrettably sometimes the checklist doesn't update which obviously raises concerns with clients. Apologies for this and the inconvenience caused.

It appears that we were awaiting finalisation of medicals only and once the Case Officer has had a chance to further review the application she will contact you if anything further is required, or when a decision has been made.

We thank you for your continued patience.

So basically it looks like my medicals were actually finalised on the 28th May, but we didn't know this and our CO didn't know this! :arghh:

Given Hubby & I both are leaving work in a few weeks to be able to fly out in August this delay is sooooooo annoying! Should have chased sooner but I had heard it was taking 4 weeks at the moment so didn't think there was any point until now.

But on the bright side... Our medicals are finalised! :jiggy:

Visa visa, here we come!!!

J

at least they are all ready for you now, well done on chasing them

Fingers crossed its not to long now till that little golden ticket comes your way

We still waiting for ours, kinnda given up hoping we will get it before july 1st now

Oh well, what will be will be

Claire x

Archived