Medicals: message from HOC, not sure what it means...

Etienne

We had our medicals done in May, and this was received by the HOC on the 25th of May 2009. Mine changed to finalised pretty much straight away, but my wife’s remained (and still does) outstanding, most likely due to a procedure she had done late in 2008. I decided to contact the HOC for an update, and this was their response (my wife’s name replaced with XYZ :spinny:):

“The Health Operations Centre (HOC) has finalised the medical assessment of XYZ. The assessment was completed on 29/05/2009 and a result was recorded in our systems.

The medical documents for XYZ required examination by a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth (MOC). When documents are submitted to the MOCs for assessment we only have the capacity to deal with the case manually. This means that the result recorded by our MOCs will not be reflected online.

The medical results have been recorded in XYZ’s file which can be accessed by the visa processing case officer. Please contact the case officer to follow up on the visa application and to access the results of the health assessment.”

I do not know what this means. Do they mean that her status is now also finalised (albeit not showing so online)? Is a status of finalised any guarantee that it was successful? Do CO’s provide results of heath assessments upon request?

I have found that my CO is very slow to respond to any queries from my side (I have NOT had many), or does not respond at all. Not sure what to do…

I'm not answering this as an expert, but from the message itself it seems to be saying that they have *an* outcome, but this looks like it could be 'need something else' or 'OK - finalised'.

It sounds like the HOC are saying that your CO will be able to tell you the results, so I suggest you quote this in your query to the CO.

Good luck!

From previous research I thought that "Finalised" was a good sign, and was hopefull when the HOC said "The Health Operations Centre (HOC) has finalised the medical assessment of ...". But now not so sure if Finalised is a good sign? Can ANYONE please clarify!!

Hi

I'd call diac and request an updat, I had a similar issue mine my 2 daughters were fimalised straight away, but my husbands showed outstanding. It was like this for weeks so I call diac and asked for an update . She confirmed it was finalised that morning and true to her promise diac updated to finalised.

Hope that helps

Rebecca

Thanks,

I suppose I would feel more comfy if I know that "finalised" means that the medicals passed okay. Time zone daylight savings makes for very unpleasant times to contact then by pone, but I will just bite the bullet!!

Archived