rugby lad returns home

Guest mandyg

Guest flipflop
I think you'll find the level of racism is comparable to most Western countries with the exception that I think they are a little less tolerant to non-white immigrants.

Australia certainly has the "lad" culture of the UK, maybe even more so. That said I find teaching the kids in Australia to be marginally better than the ones I taught in Ipswich, England, but not by much.

Compared to Canada though I have to say that the kids are much less well behaved in both the UK and Australia...sorry guys it's true! We don't put up with as much crap in our schools: you mess about, you're out! If you habitually abuse teachers/students and are violent you are handed over to your parents and will have to be home schooled, period.

Now one other interesting thing in Australia are the stickers on the back of a few people's cars that read: "F**k Off, We're Full" all enclosed in a nice map outline of Australia. But I'm sure people like that probably get their car keyed and air let out of their tyres :)

Big seller in Oz:biglaugh: and I agree with disipline in schools there is none in Oz and none in the UK, to much PC in both Countries.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Katc78

I'd say it depends on where you are in both countries, but yes, too much PC and not enough discipline - not talking about punishment as such, but just structure, being firm, etc. I thought London kids were the gobbiest, rudest, smart alecs on the planet when I first arrived here, and I still do think some of the behaviour is appalling, but I'd hesitate to assume that there aren't equivalents in Aus. The whole respect for elders thing just doesn't seem to feature these days, shame.

It's terrible when Aussies are rude to Brits or anyone new coming into the country, but it happens, it's just the nature of the beast unfortunately. I think Aussies shouldn't have an issue with new people coming in because the fact is, there's plenty of room! At least in the UK it's bursting at the seams! ;-) Unfortunately racist or biast people seem to forget that immigration/emigration has been going on since the dawn on time and they themselves will be a mix of cultures, no matter how far back; as much as the concept of 'home' or one's cultural identity is important and kind of an essential for most people, I guess there's a difference between being patriotic and being discriminatory. It's a tough one. But as an Aussie living in the UK (dual citizen, Aus by birth, British by descent), I'll be eventually going 'home' knowing both places are brilliant and loving both for their good points. :-)

Guest sooveroz
Sorry to disagree john ....what Englands youth need is a serious SLAP , a bit of TOUGH LOVE .

I lived in Oz for 6 years and loved it , but England is still one of the best countries in the world to live in.......Iam back here and loving it ....i aint moving

ps this **** goes on everywhere Oz included .....i speak from experience.

Ive had a few run ins over in Oz , same **** ......swap chavs for surfies ....same bull**** friday night full of lash .

These kids are either pissed or stoned ,looking for confrontation, and this was in a small town in Oz

agreed. people in the Uk who either havent been to australia or have been on holiday seem to think that these things dont happen in oz. but on the news this week - 41 'high risk' bars in queensland going to be made glass free, pensioners mugged in home invasion, skate park to be closed because of drunken yobs, warning as bush fire season nears (as many started deliberately), armed guards on buses and trains - its the same crap the world over - you wont escape crime and anti social behaviour by coming to australia. and its getting worse as the population rises.

Archived