rugby lad returns home

Guest mandyg

Guest mandyg

some may read this as a very negative post im sure but i suppose in a way it is. After speaking to my friend today whos 20 year old brother went over to oz to play r ugby as decided to return home early due to a ozzy guy running over his foot with his car on purpose and causing him hospital treatment apparantly this oz guy said to him were sick to death of you poms comming over here and taking our jobs he politely replyed and said im over here playing rugby mate not to take anyones job away the guy thought he was been rather clever in his reply to his remark so got in his car and run over his foot on the roadside put his head out the window and said now try playing rugby you pompus git and casualy drove away. So friends brother is now returning home said oz is not everything people try making it out to be and the people are not very nice. Now some may say this is a negative post but this is truthfull about this poor lad and just goes to show theres bad people in ozz as well as the uk.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tahe49

This is a really awful story and it is certainly a little worrying. However, having heard over this weekend that a 7th child has been stabbed in a period of one month - I think we can safely say there are horrible people all over the world.

Hiya you do hear things on the news about attacks and so on but they are nearly always on one of the coasts in the touristy areas,it is sad news and i hope he took it the further as the police DO actually seem to take action over here.Thankfully ,the reception we have had since arriving is ''another pom '' but 'thankgod ur not a foreginer ?'',,

Cal x

Guest THE JONEZYS

Hi Mandy.

Sorry to hear about your mates brother.

I'm glad to say we haven't experienced anything like that and nor has my 18yo son. I asked him if anyone had been funny with him for being a POM and he said its the opposite most of the kids cant believe he would give up London nightlife to live in Aus and are just intersted in what he thinks of their country !! He actually said to me the other day thats its nice going into pubs and clubs and not having to stand with your back to the wall like he did in England as he doesn't have the worry here of who might be behind him!! I worry much more about my 20yo back in UK than I do about my 18yo here.

Like you say tho' takes all sorts to make the world go round and not all of them are pleasant!!

Lesley

Guest montbrehain

Terrible story, I hope he recovers fully to be able to play again.

Dont be surprised if you get some resentment in Australia. My father (and us) Immigrated in the 1960s and even then we were resented. Just the same as Immigrants in Britain we were viewed as being there to take their jobs etc etc. You will not always be welcomed with open Arms. But mostly it will be good hearted "Ribbing". Don't be surprised if your called a "Pommie Ba###rd Its a friendly term too :-) "MO"

Hiya Mandy

We arrived in Brisbane in November and after much debate settled in this area early December ,,we are absolutely loving our ''new life'' and havent looked back ,its definately worth all the stress the visa process brings.Thankfully the aussies we have met are great and have a good sense of humour ,they take the mick out of you being poms but have had no nasty comments ,we found it best to give as much back,they do like a laugh.!!

Cal x

england,england, what has happened. i went for a run yesterday, in a nearby country park,(its literally across the road from my parents house),and its usually populated by the occassional dog walker or fellow runner. not on bank holiday though.... i witnessed not 1 not 2 but 3 groups of young lads and lasses ages from 15-18 drinking cider/lager smoking and abusing anyone they cared to including me and i am a fit 6ft tall rugby player,(with a shaven head!!!). two lads attempted to stop me crossing a footbridge and when i ran straight through them they shouted such things as you 'f###ing c##t'!!. when i left the country park in a layby there was a policeman talkng to a young disstressed woman. he asked me if i'd seen a youn man 20ish with a striped top. i said no but there are a lot of youths drinking alcohol and being abusive in the park. he said i'm not interested in that. i thought well one of them could be the person he was looking for but as he wasn't interested then..................the point is if young people old enough to drink or not aren't afraid to harrass someone like me what about a woman on there own or someone elderly, the police obviously do not give a crap and we do not live in rough area by any way shape or form. i then walked round my sisters house to see 2 young lads poss 15 drinking lager in a phone box. this is 3o'clock on a bank holiday all within half a mile of my home. we have our visas for oz, even if we have doubts, even if where we intend to live ,(illawarra), has high unemployment,(for oz), even if we miss family and friends...............sod it we are going, what is it going to be like in 10/20 years, will louts be able to attack people for fun?, with no recriminations?..........no matter where the users of this site end up i hope you all get your dream like my wife and i and have the chance to get out of this crap hole country!!!.

johnd

Guest Fat Boy Fat

johnd

England is not a crap hole country. A small part of the people in it are scum, who make life sh*t for others. We are the lucky ones we are able to get away, some might even say run away. But lets not insult our friends and family who are still living there by calling their country crap.

johnd

England is not a crap hole country. A small part of the people in it are scum, who make life sh*t for others. We are the lucky ones we are able to get away, some might even say run away. But lets not insult our friends and family who are still living there by calling their country crap.

OMG!!! I agree with FBF! Should I be ashamed, or just surprised?

LC:laugh:

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hello all,

Agree with JohnD, this is a craphole country in my eyes too. When people say to me (quite often actually) God England is a craphole, I tend to agree with them. I've never ever met anyone insulted by this as I haven't found anyone that disagrees with it. But to all those people who wish to defend England and big her up, I say more power to you! We are all very entitled to our opinions.....

Cheers,

Rachel:wubclub:

Guest newnico

Maybe what we need is some proper laws about drinking outside, as they have in other countries...What a lot of us on this forum quite rightly hate is the general revolting anti-social behaviour here, of which Oz has much less. It can be hard to separate the things we loathe from our feelings about the UK, which may be less negative when we stop to think. I might be lighting a huge great fire here, but I do think alcohol is responsible for at least some of the problems people encounter in public places in this country.

I'm not going to Oz because I think the UK's going down the tubes (though it very well may be), but I do wish we could sort out some of these social issues better.

Guest mandyg

totally agree with you there regarding kids drinking outside and cause endless trouble on the streets i live in a relatively nice area with good schooling and nice houses and parents that go to work but some of the kids (not all of them ) are still out of control its about the parenting skills or lack of them that kids are brought up in and it seems alot of parents dont give a damm were there kids are or what there doing as long as there not under there feet. Thankfully (and im not blowing my own trumpet or painting my kids as angels but there good kids who have never hung round street corners drinking and would rather enjoy there free time with the air cadets learning skills and respect for there squadron and the staff there or on the playing field with a football thats when there not on the computer i think what you put into your kids you get out of them if you dont put anything in then excpect nothing back but bored troublesum kids Rant over lol

Have to say you get idiots everywhere, as a Scot living in England (Im married to an Englishman) I`ve come across the usual ignorant prats (as have some of my English friends when visiting Scotland). On the whole though I`d say the British are very good at running themselves down and not appreciating what we have, I don`t think the Uk is a craphole (only certain parts)- there are far worse places to live, Utopia is a myth it does not exist. If you get annoyed about certain things in the UK it`s a pretty safe bet you will get annoyed about them wherever you go. Personally Im proud to be British and I will be proud to be an Australian - Im going to Oz to experience a different life and I will appreciate the experience, just as I appreciate what the UK has already given me. I wouldn`t run the UK down too much because you never know what`s round the corner and god forbid the Ozzie dream may turn into a nightmare.

Guest mandyg

Yep we shouldnt run it down really but when you think back (now im going to sound like uncle albert in only fools and horses lol during the war and all that well what our past generations sacrificed life and limb for the good of this country to keep the GREAT in the britain im sure most of them would be turning in there graves to think what they did for this country and to what afail to have drugs dealt on the streets and all the other crimes we come across kids and adults with no respect for themselves let alone anyone else. Im proud of were i come from and always will be and thankfull to those who lost there lives in war to give us our freedom we have today but the GREAT as been long gone out of britain and dont thin we will ever really get it back the country will only get worse as years go by it seems its getting more and more like america everyday wont be long and kids will be going to school harmed up thats if they already dont i know they do in london areas. Its a shame about britain a big shame for past generations who died for us.

Guest steve110

I think in the next couple of yrs there is going to be an explosion in the UK.

there is an under current of resentment that is now starting to spill over to the "mainstream" social awareness.

Look at the amount of "success" the BNP is getting in local elections for instance.

We have gone to far now for any government to turn back the clock,i know Tony Bliar comes in for a lot of flak,but the tories were in power for 17 yrs,they must take some of the blame .... they took us into europe for instance ..........

the ordinary person in the street is going to start to get organised,they will start taking the law into their own hands more and more. they see no assistance from the police, and the court system is a joke,politicians (of all parties) are now so out of touch its disgusting.

The biggest british disease is apathy .... " it"ll be all right,someone will sort it" its only when our backs are to the wall that we swing into action ........ ww1 ww2 and the falklands spring to mind ...we ignored all the warning signs until it was too late ..... then all hell lets loose .......

I do not want my family around when it all kicks off ....... the police cannot cope now ... bring in the army? nope, cos they are over streched around the world fighting the yanks wars for them .......

I don"t like the french,but by god do i respect them,they don"t like something,they take action and sort it .

We will take action in the nr future,and it will be violent.

This may sound like an overactive imagination,but if the government won"t do anything,the police won"t,who will ...........?

At the end of the day it is about your experiences as an individual that shape your reasons for emmigrating, each to their own (everyone will try to justify their decision in some way), personally I would never say never - life has a funny habit of biting you on the arse when you least expect it.

Guest kelly

have to agree with johnd and stevie. i think its a big part on parenting or lack of it, we should start prosecuting the parents if they cant controll their childs behavour but we cant put any in prison cause they are all full. wonder if any politicians read the pio forum, maybe they would get an idea of how the real people think, i am accually saving the local papers have done for months and im going to write to tony blair before we leave for oz showing him the front pages of our local paper for the last year, the headlines always has a front page that makes you think oh my god. pensioner raped, more stbbings, shootings, hit and runs, muggings, drugs raids, arson attacks, each and every week, but the horror stories are not saved for the front page alone you keep turning the pages and the stories are still there on every page, mr blair probably wont care what we are expected to bring our kids up in but i want him to see them and know that we are leaving our own country because of the crap that is going on here and to ensure our kids lives ear the best we can give them and to keep them safe, we feel that we have to leave to do this and its a shame because i am only going for that reason, i dont want to leave my parents and sister who im extremely close to and my friends but needs must and i must do whats right for my kids, and like jo if we cant make it in oz we wont be coming back here. think i have ranted on abit and for that im sorry i just get very angry that i feel i have to leave because someone up there cant do his job, i dread to think what this country will be like in ten years. moan over

kelly:realmad: :arghh:

Guest montbrehain
have to agree with johnd and stevie. i think its a big part on parenting or lack of it, we should start prosecuting the parents if they cant controll their childs behavour but we cant put any in prison cause they are all full. wonder if any politicians read the pio forum, maybe they would get an idea of how the real people think, i am accually saving the local papers have done for months and im going to write to tony blair before we leave for oz showing him the front pages of our local paper for the last year, the headlines always has a front page that makes you think oh my god. pensioner raped, more stbbings, shootings, hit and runs, muggings, drugs raids, arson attacks, each and every week, but the horror stories are not saved for the front page alone you keep turning the pages and the stories are still there on every page, mr blair probably wont care what we are expected to bring our kids up in but i want him to see them and know that we are leaving our own country because of the crap that is going on here and to ensure our kids lives ear the best we can give them and to keep them safe, we feel that we have to leave to do this and its a shame because i am only going for that reason, i dont want to leave my parents and sister who im extremely close to and my friends but needs must and i must do whats right for my kids, and like jo if we cant make it in oz we wont be coming back here. think i have ranted on abit and for that im sorry i just get very angry that i feel i have to leave because someone up there cant do his job, i dread to think what this country will be like in ten years. moan over

kelly:realmad: :arghh:

I am not going to say a thing !!! (bite that tongue , bite that tongue) :-) "MO"

Guest kelly

hi mo

im abit confused and maybe being thick, does your comment mean you agree with my rant last night or that you dissagree. would like to know if there are likeminded people out there or am i alone.

kelly

Archived