309/100 Visa fees. How much? Where to find out?

Guest Freshy

Guest Freshy

Hi everyone,

This is my first post! So far I've found the site very useful and informative, but there's one thing I can't seem to find the answer to.

I am currently in the process of lodging an application from the UK for a 309/100 spouse visa, but I can't seem to find out anywhere how much the fees are for this in sterling? The immi.gov has the amount in dollars, and when it directs me to the Australian high commision website here in the UK it seems to point me back towards the immi.gov!

Is there anyway of finding out how much the fees are without calling the Australian High commision here?

Thanks ever so much for you help!

Freshy

Guest Emcooper

if I remember correctly it was about £660 thats only the visa application fee for the 309, that doesnt include meds police checks, certifying documents of anything else. Hope that helps

When I did mine it cost about £660 for the visa, £80 for the chest x-ray, £120 for the medical, £30 (approx) for the police check. I can't remember if there was anything else but thats about it. Don't pay for an agent as they will put another grand on the price and it has no advantage. I found out about it all in a moving to Australia exibit in kensington olympia. but I'll give you my case officers name and number in Aussie house, London. His name is Adrian Hawkes, his number is 0207 887 5900 or email adrian.hawkes@dfat.gov.au I hope this helps

Guest Emcooper

or email the immigration departmentin London, there is an address on the immi website and ask them what the current price is. we did that just to make sure

• 1 month later...
When I did mine it cost about £660 for the visa, £80 for the chest x-ray, £120 for the medical, £30 (approx) for the police check. I can't remember if there was anything else but thats about it. Don't pay for an agent as they will put another grand on the price and it has no advantage. I found out about it all in a moving to Australia exibit in kensington olympia. but I'll give you my case officers name and number in Aussie house, London. His name is Adrian Hawkes, his number is 0207 887 5900 or email adrian.hawkes@dfat.gov.au I hope this helps

Hi nik_kershaw,

I had also applied for spouse visa.. and with case officer.. Adrian Hawkes.

But he is asking me lost of documents... Is it same for you....

How is he ... does he give u visa straight forward to you ...

or given u visa with lost of difficulties.. cause I can see your location is NSW....

Thanks for help

Guest inaroundroom

Price was £660 but I thought it went up recently by 20%?

Visa Charges

If you are in a genuine relationship with all the surrounding evidence it is straight forward but there does appear to be inconsistent processing times.

All the best.

Guest alicesmum

hello, i have just joined upto this, it was reccomended to me, i dont have a clue what im doing, i too am hoping to move to brisbane next year with my fiance and 3 year old daughter, we were told today through an agency he cost of our visa etc ( skilled visa) would be £3500,and that is with them sorting everything for us, tax numbers etc, which is rather expensive, there are so many websites offering visas etc we dont know what to do!!! we have been advised the skilled visa would be best as i am a hairdresser , and it will take 15 months for our visa etc, my daughter would then have to start school a couple of months before we leave, which i didnt want, we wanted her to start school there, at what age do children start school there? and how the hell do i get my visa application started???? and is it true if you have a poor credit history your visa will be refused?nplease help me :(

Price was £660 but I thought it went up recently by 20%?

Visa Charges

If you are in a genuine relationship with all the surrounding evidence it is straight forward but there does appear to be inconsistent processing times.

All the best.

Yes we are in genuine relationship.. but still have to struggle a lot... producing many documents...

hello, i have just joined upto this, it was reccomended to me, i dont have a clue what im doing, i too am hoping to move to brisbane next year with my fiance and 3 year old daughter, we were told today through an agency he cost of our visa etc ( skilled visa) would be £3500,and that is with them sorting everything for us, tax numbers etc, which is rather expensive, there are so many websites offering visas etc we dont know what to do!!! we have been advised the skilled visa would be best as i am a hairdresser , and it will take 15 months for our visa etc, my daughter would then have to start school a couple of months before we leave, which i didnt want, we wanted her to start school there, at what age do children start school there? and how the hell do i get my visa application started???? and is it true if you have a poor credit history your visa will be refused?nplease help me :(

Alicesmum, thats the first time i've heard that a poor UK credit history has any bearing on your visa application. If that was the case, i'd be well snookered as over the past 12 months, mine has dropped to a similar rating as a vagrant !!!

Guest inaroundroom
Yes we are in genuine relationship.. but still have to struggle a lot... producing many documents...

I should have put a "*" by the word genuine and then clarified what I meant by that.

I'm of the belief that not all relationships fit into a set of parameters but IMMI only like situations that fit into there parameters.

The application forms look more intimidating than they are.

If you follow the check list and go through it one step at a time it does seem easier and less overbearing, I also edited (Adobe Standard) the application form on my computer which saved me having to re-fill out whole pages when I made mistakes.

All the best with your application.

Guest inaroundroom
Alicesmum, thats the first time i've heard that a poor UK credit history has any bearing on your visa application. If that was the case, i'd be well snookered as over the past 12 months, mine has dropped to a similar rating as a vagrant !!!

If it led to a criminal record that would make sense as you have to have police checks would have to be fairly serious though!

there are so many websites offering visas etc we dont know what to do!!!

Hi Alicesmum,

Just to clarify for you; the agencies do not grant the visa, only the Australian Government's Department of Imigration and Citizenship does.

The agency's role is to assist and advise you, then prepare and assemble the application from information you provide.

Archived