White goods aaaargh

kissofthegypsy

Hi everyone,

our packers come next week and we opted for a full container even though we couldnt fill it to try and stop the greedy tea leafs helping themself when packing or re-opening (I know it can still happen).

Our white goods arent going and I have been told that if we brought them in the uk the "fans" may not be up to the task of withstanding the ozzie heat etc. Also, CFCs have to be taken into account.

Is this true, has anyone taken a fridge, freezer and washing machine, did you have to buy a special type for oz?

Only asking as they are so blooming expensive over there?

Cheers

Sean and Rach (off to Brissie):jiggy:

Hi , WE took our BOSH WASHING MACHINE AND BOSH CONDENSOR DRYER, AS FAR AS THE FRIDGES GO NO WE LEFT OURS BEHIND, Check the GOODGUYS we bought an American type one and was really cheap we thought, CASH/CREDITCARD TALKS IN THERE AND THEY CAN KNOCK OFF LOADS OF MONEY , my stuff took 18weeks to arrive so i bought a cheap top loader which was new from the good guys i love it, havent yet got my automatic washer plumbed in yet, id say if your washer is fairly new and a good make bring it with you, there are also so many garage/moving back overseas sales your bound to find something suitable ...... hope this helps yu

Guest kdal

Your white goods including Fridge/freezer will work in Australia, we bought our maytag with us and it works as good here as it did at home. I would bring it if you have room in the container as not worth spending money here when you could have brought your own in the container with you.

Just remember you shouldnt really plug in a fridge after it has travelled (no matter how far), wait 24 hours then switch it on, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck

Hiya

Most of the familys i know have brought everything with them and it all works fine. The cfc is something to do with the fridges apparantly being made to suit the UK climate and not the hot aussie one, i am yet to hear of anyone who has had trouble with their UK fridge.

If i could turn the clock back i would bring my fridge freezer and my tumble dryer with me.

If you still have room what about bringing a couple of Dyson vacuums, they are really expensive here so you may be able to sell them on quite easy when you arrive, same with Next , George or even Primark clothes .

Cal x

Archived