desperate to sell our house in uk to move to perth

Guest vcatay

Hi is anyone in the same predicament as me .My husband and I both have jobs at Royal Perth hospital as RN'S and our buisness visa's are through .We are really worried as we were hoping to go to Perth in the new year but our house still hasn't sold and I need the money we make from the house to finance our move as we have 2 children. Although our employers are ok and really understanding about our situation ,we are so concerned our dream of moving to Oz can be taken away from us .Does anyone have any reassuring words to offer as we feel desparate at the moment .Thanks vcatayxx :cry:

Guest BrerRabbit

:? Hi vcatay, we're not as far progressed as you but we're hoping to fly down under in Feb 06 and have just put our house on the market. we've had one viewer who was really a timewaster. Only been on the market two weeks so i'm not 'desperate' just yet but it would be nice to see some interest! Haven't got our visa yet so trying to synchronise everything is a bit if a headache. Expecting the visa this month or at the very latest before the end of the year. A house sale can take months so we're still optimistic for Feb but I can see that pushing on into the spring....summer maybe...I hope not!!! Hang in there, only takes one interested person to buy your house...reduce your price a little?? If you're like us, you want every pound out of it!!

Cheers,

Zoe 8)

Thanks Zoe for your reassuring words :roll: I have reduced my house price twice and it is absolutely perfectly presented as I have been watching all those programmes of how to present your house to sell.It is the worst time to sell the market has been quiet for months in Liverpool but apparantly it is due to pick up in January(lets hope so ) Its just that we cant make any plans until we have secured a sale we are kind of in limbo and I'am so excited about the prospect of living in australia .You didnt say whereabouts you were emigrating to in Aus I, would love to know. Vandaxx

• 5 months later...
Guest bethandneil

hi

we are not moving out until next september (07) and put our house up for sale expecting the same situation, however our house sold in two days and now we have to find rented for 18 months with two small children its a nightmare!!

A friend of ours was in the same predicament as yourselves and sold to a company that buys houses in large numbers, they actually offered him a reasonable amount and he sold to them!

maybe you should think of this route?

VCATAY

fingers crossed for you and i believe the market is moving again so you may be in with some luck ,we are hopefully only a month away from an answer so are putting the house on the market this week,,it will be worth it in the end

Cal x

Guest BrerRabbit

8) Hi again - just to let you guys know that we sold our house shortly after my last posting here and we completed on 24 February. we flew out to Australia on 27 Feb and so we've been here 2 months now! So far so good!! Hope you are all getting on ok too - keep us posted.....

Zoe

Archived