Marmite

beastmaster2452

Hi All,

Has anyone brought MARMITE into Australia, the reason I ask is that my brother in-law is coming over in two weeks for a holiday and he said he would bring some MARMITE over for me. However I dont want him to get into trouble and get a fine at Sydney airport. I have looked on the Gov website but is says nothing about MARMITE I would assume as long as you declare it you should be OK.

Regards

Matt

:biggrin:

Guest snow white

you can buy marmite here i heard that your no longer allowed to send any foodstuffs to australia in containers anymore anyone else heard a similar tale

lesley x

Guest jewels1356

you can buy marmite in coles supermarket but yes you cab bring it into the ozz

julie\

Guest JoanneHattersley

You can buy it in COles (called my mate) but is same thing. There are loads of delis that sell it. Plus there are online UK foodshops that will get it for you!

Guest Prescotts

yes you can get it - it's the only English food stuff I have to have :-) there's several English food stores in and around Sydney you can get it (I buy it frequently)

Guest oggie1

If the sniffer dog hates it he'll put his tail between his legs and move on,but if he loves it he'll wag his tail and stay,then a search will ensue by customs.50/50 chance so declare it.

Personally I LOVE IT.

Chris.

Oh I love Vegemite as well :wink:

You can buy it in Woolworths too. I haven't brought Marmite into Australia but I do have to bring at least two boxes of Thorntons Toffee with me whenever I come into Australia from England. I have also brought a jar or two of Promite (which is just like Marmite only much, much nicer and ooooooodles nicer than Vegemite) out of Australia and into England.

As long as he declares it, he shouldn't have any trouble:smile:

Ahh one of the greatest dilemmas is importing foodstuffs. Absolutely get it in Coles...

Screw Marmite though! I want a pack of Tim Tams, pot of vegemite and a bottle of Bundy!

I work at Sainsbury's in the UK at the moment for my student job, I had a customer buying loads of stock cubes. She said they weren't for her and she was taking them to her mum in Sydney! OXO cubes... clearly not an Aussie institution. :biglaugh:

Archived