Can we bring all our white goods?

Guest toutsinoz

Guest toutsinoz

Hi, we are moving to Sydney in July and would like to know if we can bring all our white goods as we don't really want to sell them. Thanks

Guest chris_mac
Hi, we are moving to Sydney in July and would like to know if we can bring all our white goods as we don't really want to sell them. Thanks

Hi Toutsinoz

Welcome to poms in oz

Yes you can bring all your white goods.

Chris

Hi Toutsinoz

Our goods arrived via the port of Sydney almost 18 Months ago. You need to be very careful about quarantine. Our car was steam cleaned before we left, but they wanted $400 to clean the carpet again, after quarantine failure.

We also had goods that failed the inspection, that were in sealed and eradiated packs. We paid a fortune to have them incinerated.

The dust within your white goods could result in a quarantine failure, and you could be faced with a disposal or cleaning bill greater than the replacement cost.

We may have been unlucky.

Sorry to be negative, but welcome to Sydney, its a great place to live.

Stuart.

Guest kdal

We bought all our white goods with us and all shipped and arrived safely.

We used Doree Bonner for our shipping too

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Bishop's

yes bring them white goods cost alot more here to buy and that goes for alot of things too, Clothes, bedding (duvets,sheets,quilt sets) , towels. Bring anything you think you can't live without as the little things cost the most and i mean silly things like egg cups, a good sharpe knife i know this sounds silly but it true.

Good Luck with everything

Jo

Guest Queenie

Hi Guys

When we moved out we took a fridge with no problem but were advised against taking a washing machine, tumble drier as apparently they don't travel well without having the drums well secured.

Quarantine does seem to pick up everything. We shipped a fake christmas tree and they picked up that it had a few real pine cones attached. We could either have it destroyed, irradiated or, after a quick chat, they were happy to just cut off the cones!!

Good luck with the move.

Queenie

• 4 weeks later...

We moved over here in January and we brought absolutely everything with us and we are so glad we did as it's all so much more expensive over here.

All our stuff got through with no problems at all. Make sure you buy plenty of bedding, towels and clothes especially before you come out cause they are so expensive.

Happy Packing !!!!!:laugh:

:jiggy:Our container arrives tomorrow we were only picked up for one thing ,a xmas ball with fake holly they want 300 dollars to treat it or 70 to destroy it.As it only cost me 3 euro they can keep it.We have moved with Allied Pickfords.When they came to the house before we left the U.K they advised us not to bring anything with feathers i.e pillows,quilts etc and our fridge/freezer.They said we would have to prove what kind of gas it was insulated with.We bought an American style one from Harvey Normans for 1300 dollars which I think was a good deal.I think you are best to check with your removal company as ours were very good on information on what you can and cant bring.

Archived