Advice needed...a job before I arrive???

carlymac

Hi Everyone

We have received our permanent visa this week and are moving to the gold coast, my husband is a fitter and we have been looking at all the job websites and applying but not sure whether to go without a job or wait until he gets one.

What have you done and how long did it take to get a job??

Could you offer any advice?

Thank you

Carly Lee and boys.

Guest June Pixie

Carly, we will be like you also; coming out with no jobs secure. However, my partner doesn’t have one here to leave as the last 2 jobs have laid him off. Even the temporary ‘putting food on the table’ job he had twice a week has recently been knocked on the head so, in reply to your question, we are going to wing it over there. Same situation but nicer weather I say.

Sorry not to be of more help but if he has a steady job here then perhaps wait until he gets one over there or at least some positive feedback otherwise it may eat into any savings you have.

Hey June

Well my husband is contracting at the moment so the job is not secure but we are living at my mums so if he got laid off we dont have to worry about paying the bills, we dont have alot of money to come over with so i am worried about eating into my savings because we need as much as we can for when we buy a house in the future. I am a stay at home mum at the moment so I wont be working as I have 3 boys to look after. I think that if we go there he is more likely to get a job once he is in the country, so I am being positive.

Where are you heading? have you booked your tickets yet? We are looking at flights now, I cant believe it!! I cant wait to get there, we are going to the Gold Coast.

Guest moleandmel

Hi Carly Lee & Boys

We are also moving to Gold Coast hopefully October time. We are having our medicals 22nd May then just a waiting process for the visas.

My husband is a pipefitter/ welder and been looking at jobs in gold coast/ brisbane area but not found anything. He has been out for work since Christmas over here so we are prepared to move without a job which is a bit scary !! I like you am a stay at home mum. Got a girl age 7 and just had a baby boy who is now 7 weeks. We have been saving hard to make the move to oz but dont really have much to be secure without a job.

Good Luck with your move

Melissa Mark Paige & Zack

Hi Carly Lee & Boys

We are also moving to Gold Coast hopefully October time. We are having our medicals 22nd May then just a waiting process for the visas.

My husband is a pipefitter/ welder and been looking at jobs in gold coast/ brisbane area but not found anything. He has been out for work since Christmas over here so we are prepared to move without a job which is a bit scary !! I like you am a stay at home mum. Got a girl age 7 and just had a baby boy who is now 7 weeks. We have been saving hard to make the move to oz but dont really have much to be secure without a job.

Good Luck with your move

Melissa Mark Paige & Zack

Hi and welcome to poms in oz, just noticed you are from Stoke we live in Clayton, best of luck with the process. Are you going to Hanford for your medicals?

Tania X

Guest June Pixie

We are heading to Adelaide and it'll be next year we go. I have relatives in Brisbane though so hopefully we can visit them on holidays once we are over. Good luck with everything!

Archived