I want my MODL points protected

pommysteve

Hello all,

Filling in my 175 online I notice a statement that says:-

"Your total point score based on the answers you have provided in this application is 120 which is equal to or above the required score for the visa subclass you have selected.

Please be advised that when your application is assessed, you may be awarded less points and consequently may not be granted a visa."

Does this mean rushing to get my 175 application in before any potential changes are made to the MODL scoring(pure speculation) are in vain as they look at MODL points system when they review your application(CO stage i guess) and not when you submit it(payment stage)?

I'm in no rush unlike many, but I am rushing to get my application submitted to protect my MODL points against policy changes that may occur and i'd rather take a little more time making my mind up before splurging the cash!?

Your views are appreciated as always,

Steve.

Hi. As one of the migration agents mentioned in another thread with you, there is no sure way to protect things just by filing. No guarantees as to what the Federal government may legislate in the future.

Mind you, if I had the points now I would be rushing too to get my application in if I was on the CSL for 175 or had 176 state sponsorship.

I think the statement you refer to though is more about the fact that they may not determine you have the same amount of points you came up with-this could be for various reasons. Some people file and say they have a certain number of points based on the IELTS when in fact they have not even sat the exam and then find they don't do as well as they'd hoped. It is what I would call a general 'catch all' qualification that could cover anything but also means it is up to them to determine whether you really have the points or not--not up to you.

MODL points are protected by law if your nominated occupation is on MODL on the day of visa lodgement and/or time of points assessment. Where they may not be protected is if your nominated occupation is on MODL but DIAC decide that you do not have at least 12 months, in the previous 4 years, skilled experience in your nominated or closely related occupation. so the disclaimer covers situations where DIAC disagree with something you have assumed or claimed in relation to your points score.

Regards

Thanks,

That kind or clarity is fantastic in an answer Welshtone.

That gives me firm reason to get my application in to protect those MODL points. Others had suggested it but not given me the clear reasoning why.

My skills have been assesed by the ACS and having worked for over 8 years in the same role I can't see any problems with DIAC arguing mu justification for the MODL points at a later stage.

Steve.

Archived