anybody been to coolum

batman

hello guys,got a phone call from a bakery owner in coolum yesterday we had half decided on the jimboomba area but if there is a job in place we are willing to reconsider,ive had a look online at coolum looks nice,anybody been and have any info on the place,also how far is edmundi from coolum thanks in advance for your help

Hi batman,

Coolum is gorgeous..got a stunning beach. We passed through last year on our way to Noosa and had our breaky there (and what a breky it was!) We liked it so much its on our list of possible places to settle. I think Eumundi is fairly near to Coolum and has a great market.

Rachel

Guest dwaldron

Yes it is an amazing beach, I took a photo with my mobile in May last year when on a validation trip. It was amazingly clear afternoon and we'd just had a great lunch. 50 yards from the restaurant was the beach and this photo is at about 3pm. Can you see anyone else on the beach?

• 3 months later...

Coolum is gorgeous, has the most spectacular beaches - I am 20 mins down the road in Mooloolaba and often take a drive through on the weekends as it is so nice, has a great boardwalk if your into that kind of thing and mount coolum which is a great hike as it is not too difficult so anyone (just about) can give it ago - the views from the top are amazing. It is not too far from Eumundi not sure exactly but 30 mins tops? It is quite small but access to everywhere is really easy here.

dont worry cal im still here waiting in the wings ,i just havnt got any ?s to ask im just looking to see if i can help anybody really,we got our visa,s in may and will be coming to brisbane next april,weve got jimboomba penciled in for a reccie so i will be contacting you in the future, speak soon

• 1 year later...
Guest AndyJo&Lewis

Hi,

Been on the Sunshine Coast (Alexandra Headland) since end of July and looking to by a house early next year. Does anyone know of anyone who has bought a house at 'The Boardwalk', Mount Coolum?

Thinking of buying there and I am after some feedback, even from those who have visited there. Thanks.

Andy

Oh, Happy Xmas

Guest leanne in queensland

hi i used to live in peregian springs which is about 10 minutes from coolum really lovely place coolum beach is beautiful spent most of my time there, they a few cafes and a surf life club which we did join. we moved away from there because there wasnt much happening for the kids and its about 35 minutes to your main shopping centre so abit of a pain really.dont no what ages your kids are but i have 5 ages from 14 to 1 they did like the skate park but thats all there really is for older kids to do, nice parks for little ones. coolum overall is a beautiful place for a holiday or if your retired good luck with your choice leanne xx

Guest AndyJo&Lewis
hi i used to live in peregian springs which is about 10 minutes from coolum really lovely place coolum beach is beautiful spent most of my time there, they a few cafes and a surf life club which we did join. we moved away from there because there wasnt much happening for the kids and its about 35 minutes to your main shopping centre so abit of a pain really.dont no what ages your kids are but i have 5 ages from 14 to 1 they did like the skate park but thats all there really is for older kids to do, nice parks for little ones. coolum overall is a beautiful place for a holiday or if your retired good luck with your choice leanne xx

Thanks leanne in queensland,

Can I ask where you ended up and why?? I am totally undecided, so many nice places but different 'on your doorstep' lifestyles, can't decide and I don't want to make to many mistakes.

Thanks,

:dullxmas:

Guest leanne in queensland

hi i now live in pacific pines gold coast my husband works on the railway in redbank so not to far to travel i love it here because theres lots to do for myself and the kids lots of shops nice places to eat out and lovely beaches, we do really love coolum so we will probably go back there but when we retire.If you decide to come to the gold coast instead there are lots of poms here very friendly and a great sub to live in.if i can help anymore please send me a pm as not on the site all the time good luck leanne :cute:

Guest johno1

Coolum?? Awful place...don't go there anyone (and if you do, don't buy my dream house!!!!!) :laugh:

No really, it is lovely but my 13 year old thought it was too quiet.

The Boardwalk is beautiful. We couldn't believe that we could afford to live there. The only problem we could see was again, it was a little remote for our sons (10 & 13)

Debby & Boys

• 11 months later...

I have been speaking to a couple at a bbq tonight, we emigrated to Mount Coolum 6 weeks ago, it is absolutely adorable, The Boardwalk is a lovely new development, not huge, but they were saying houses have been reduced up near the river/creek, apparently DONT buy or rent next to the river/creek as there a millions of mozzies and also they have said there is a stench which the mozzies love from the river, definately worth bearing in mind.

Hope this helps

Julie

• 1 month later...

My mother lives at Mount Coolum, behind the mountain, next door to the Hyatt and golf course and less than 10 mins walk to what I think is one of the most beautiful beaches on the Sunshine Coast. Amusingly, when I visited her last year, she warned me not to go there because it was very deserted and not patrolled. "Ideal" i said :-)

Mount Coolum is just up the road from Coolum, the bus service is good, there are quite a few places to shop and you are only 20 mins drive from the main centre, maroochydoore.

Its a lovely place to set up a base - you'd be hard pressed to find better for the prices they ask.

• 4 years later...
If I could turn back time I would have taken that job and now be living in beautiful Coolum

Yeah I would live in Coolum happily, trouble is finding a job up there.

Archived