Form 80!!!!! :(

gemstone

What a mission! Form 80 is on my checklist to do for the 175 visa. I have read that both me and my boyfriend have to do one for this particular visa.

I am beginning to get my head around the last few bits, but it has been hard work, trying to remember where i have been, lived and worked for the last 10 years - as i have been to university and travelled around the world for 18 months.

The main question I need help with is Q31 - details on intended visit to australia - it says i have to complete it - but i have no idea when i plan to visit australia again before the visa is granted. :arghh:

Also has anyone got stuck on the holidays, etc... for the last 10 years. My boyfriend works away for his job, and goes to about 20 countries a year - do you think the dates have to be spot on.

Please help!!!! Has anyone had similar problems! :err:

Guest rachbarlow

Hi gemstone,

From previous papers I have filled out, the old 80 which I will now have to revise, I know that dates have to be pretty much spot on. Nightmare I know, but makes you look at everywhere you have been!!! I am interested to see if anyone answers about Q31 as this was not on the previous paper, it has been reworded. As we will not be going to oz again until we get our visas.

I am doing the whole process myself now after an oz agent failed to submitt paperwork, and basically ripped us off. So any post about forms I have to fill out, I am on the look out for!!

Good luck!! Rach.

The Form 80 is used for a variety of visas, not just the 175. So for some, like the tourist or a student visa, people will know the dates and info of their 'intended visit' to Australia. Since it does not apply or is unanswerable for you at present but the instructions say to answer all questions I would write something along the lines of 'Do not know date of intended visit as will not visit unless and until 175 visa is granted'. They CO should understand this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yankee

I'm filling out form 80 right now, we haven't been asked to hand it in (457, I'm the second application), but since I live in the US and now in Germany - I figure I might have to hand it in sooner or later. All I can say is WOW... I am so glad I kept all of my passports over the years. It is - however - certainly no fun to actually go through the passport pages and try to decipher the entry/exit dates on all of the stamps there. I'm already on a new extra sheet - half of that sheet of paper is already full as well.

:wacko:

Guest golden grahams

Hi

read somewhere on here that on Q31 you can date unknown and this is exceptable, hope so as i posted mine of yesterday!!

Guest yankee
Hi

read somewhere on here that on Q31 you can date unknown and this is exceptable, hope so as i posted mine of yesterday!!

That's what I am adding in that field. The visa isn't granted (obviously) - so who am I to add that.

What a mission! Form 80 is on my checklist to do for the 175 visa. I have read that both me and my boyfriend have to do one for this particular visa.

I am beginning to get my head around the last few bits, but it has been hard work, trying to remember where i have been, lived and worked for the last 10 years

Form 80 is everyone's nightmare.

I had one client being sponsored for PR from his 457 after he had been here for six months who had used up 12 passports in the previous 10 years with all his travels as an international sales manager (or some similar description, I forget now). He tried telling me he had lost the passports at first. After I told bim the facts of life they mysteriously re-appeared.

The way he did it was to construct an Excel spreadsheet to put the data into. It made life much easier and set it all out properly.

Guest Mel.R

does everyone have to fill in a form 80? This has not been mentioned to us at all as yet.

Thanks

Mel

Form 80 states it must be filled in:

by applicants for visas for Australia who are 16 years of age or over, as requested by the office processing the application.

I have never lodged an application yet without one as a character assessment is an integral part of the application procedure.

Guest yankee

As far as I understand Form 80 is often asked for if you have lived in a country other than your home country/country in which you hold a citizenship for more than 12 months at a time. There may be other reasons for this, that I am not aware of. Regardless, that's what I've been reading and which is why I started to fill mine out today.

We have been advised by our agent to leave question 31 (intended visit to Oz) blank. So we have. And as far as hols in the last 10 years I have had to estimate some of the exact dates as I really haven't a clue or where to start to find exact dates. My agent didn't seem to worried when I expressed my concerns of the dates probably being slightly inaccurate.

Kate

• 1 month later...
Guest tweetytum

Referring to Question Nos. 22 & 27, Are frequent/ monthly business trips to a country considered as having lived for a cumulative period of 12 months or more or considered as short visits? Are the months of travels counted or the exact number of days?

Guest linseyj

I had a nightmare filling in form 80.........and as my partrner is an eligible NZ citizen sponsoring me on a defacto visa, the poor guy has to fill one in too.........been putting it off trying to remember everything over 10 years is a pain in the bum!! I can only remember months and years of holidays and as british passports are not stamped in european countries there is no way of knowing! Hope this will be ok!?

Guest Shreen

Our agenst said if you did not know the dates just put estimates i.e July 1999 etc. Most of them we had exact dates, but the really old ones I could not remember!

Archived