A few tips for importing your family car

Guest Daz & Lesley

Yes we had a 40ft container. Sorry forgot to mention.

Hi, this may sound like a silly question :unsure: but was the £3000 on top of the cost of the 40ft conatiner and also how much did the container cost ????

Thanks

Lynne x

sorry was it £3000 or $3000 ??

Guest Daz & Lesley

it was 3000 sterling.......ithat included upping from a 20ft to a 40ft and remember 2nd hand cars are 30 to 40 % more expensive over here. We looked at selling our scenic but would have got buttons for it in the depressed uk car market. We have not lost a penny(oops cent) if we were to sell it on over here. Try google oz for 2nd hand dealers and you will be shocked at how much old cars are worth.

it was 3000 sterling.......ithat included upping from a 20ft to a 40ft and remember 2nd hand cars are 30 to 40 % more expensive over here. We looked at selling our scenic but would have got buttons for it in the depressed uk car market. We have not lost a penny(oops cent) if we were to sell it on over here. Try google oz for 2nd hand dealers and you will be shocked at how much old cars are worth.

Try and sell it here, imports are hard to sell

I'm seriously thinking of taking our 54 plate Astra 2.0 Turbo SRI with us, its probably cheaper that buying similar in OZ.

Would I need to do and produce a full HPI document to confirm there it is not stolen or has any outstanding finance.

Lynne

I'm seriously thinking of taking our 54 plate Astra 2.0 Turbo SRI with us, its probably cheaper that buying similar in OZ.

Would I need to do and produce a full HPI document to confirm there it is not stolen or has any outstanding finance.

Lynne

If thats a NO I'm buying a new Ferrari and start moving around for a year so they cant find me before shipping it to Australia... :mask:

Guest truemanfamily

i have found your information to be great i contacted doree bonner but they quoted me £5080 for a 40ft container allied are doing it for £3500. i am taking my bmw with me to perth did you have to change the clocks or the wing mirrors on your car many thanks ray

Guest truemanfamily

could you tell me if you had to change the speedo mine is miles large kms small and odemeter in miles did you change yours cheers ray

Guest Daz & Lesley

My car has a digital odometer that can be set for kmh or mph. If you have small kmh then its fine. Wing mirrors and everything else about uk cars are ok..... Just the brackets for kids safety seats that we got in toyzRus in Perth. Remember to fit them before you take the car to the pits

Guest jimpy

was that 3000 pounds all in for a 40 ft container that would take your car and your furniture n stuff best regards jim

Guest jimpy

3500 for a 40ft container with allied , hi there are you taking your car and household goods etc in it. is there any other costs you will pay for your car on arrival and any idea how much , lookin to take vokswagon polo and some furniture any help most appreciated best regards jim

Guest truemanfamily

the shipping company is allied and pickfords it was for bmw m3 and 535ft3 in a shared 40ft container this means that it will take 10 to 12 weeks to get there as we have to wait for the container to fill the price is £3500 there are more costs when the car arrives there is more info earlier on this thread cheers

• 3 months later...
Guest looby1pink

hi everyone just a quick question. Im importing my car to oz from uk and want to know if the air conditioning will need de gassing before departure. (hopefully not as ive just re gassed it) thanks..........james

Archived