Swapping employers on a 457 and lahfa

Guest SAINTHURLOCK

Guest SAINTHURLOCK

Anyone out there come over on a 457...claimed LAHFA...gone to another employer ,got a new 457 and started claiming LAHFA again. Is it above board.

Not sure wether the fact I gained this employment whilst in Oz rather than being recruited from overseas as originally happened would have an effect on it or not.

Guest SAINTHURLOCK
Hi,

I am interested in finding out too. Also how easy is it to swap employers/sponsorship on a 457?

Thanks

Have just gotten a new 457. Was pretty straightforward, filled in the forms,got an xray sent it off. Immigration are being a bit more picky now...was touch and go for a while and my employer had to go the extra 9 yards to prove I was important enough to his business and that he couldnt find an aussie with my skills.

All came good....now have another 4 year visa......sweet:biggrin:

My hubby has changed employers while on a 457 twice, as long as it is all done within the time frame( that is if you have quit your job and then have 28 days to find a new sponsoring employer) and you keep immigration in the loop it's fine. He gets LAHFA too, the new employers did not know what it was but were soon educated about it! Shouldn't be any problem for you then I shouldn't think.

Archived