selling household items. Whats the best way?

Georgie

Hello

We want to sell sofas, fridge etc when we leave but the timing is what is frustrating me. We obviously need the things right up til last minute as dont know anyone to borrow things off. How have others done it in the past? I was thinking of ebay etc but what if the items are not sold? Does anyone know of any companies/shops that will buy off me on the last day before i go?

Thanks

Guest alan r

Hi there,we are in same situation!!! selling things as we go along... you just have to do what you can guys..frustrating i know as it's a buyers market we are only manerging to get less then half price for our stuff and it's not even a year old. . . . whatever we don't sell it will be cashconverters and the salvos.You could always arrange a last linute house sale $10 is better then nothing!!!! good luck xx

Guest cazbeckham

We advertised our house stuff on cards in local shop and sold most of it but when people came to buy we said we were emigrating and needed it till last day we had to move out and can they pick it up then and they did, all of them. Sofas went the day before we moved out of house but that was no problem as shippers had taken everything else day before.

Caz

Alan we havent left yet. We will be going in 5 months though. Just forward planning. We are leaving for the simple reason we dont really like it here. Lots of reasons so wont go into it but suffice to say just life in general doesnt compare to England IMO.

Cash Converters dont buy furniture or white goods. I have rung them. Anyone know if car boot sales here are like the English ones where noone wants to give you any money and think you want to give things away? I will not sell my things for peanuts i would rather take them with me!

Cash Converters dont buy furniture or white goods. I have rung them. Anyone know if car boot sales here are like the English ones where noone wants to give you any money and think you want to give things away? I will not sell my things for peanuts i would rather take them with me!

Georgie there is a second hand furniture store in Oxley Avenue Margate called Dolphin Furniture that buys what you are selling.

Also advertise them the last few weeks, I am sure anyone who bought would wait till the last moment for you.and put what you have on PIO

Guest anson aussies
Alan we havent left yet. We will be going in 5 months though. Just forward planning. We are leaving for the simple reason we dont really like it here. Lots of reasons so wont go into it but suffice to say just life in general doesnt compare to England IMO.

Georgie,

pat on the back for your honest opinion.

We leave next Wednesday.

Curry, Chinkies, West Ham United, Pubs, daddies coming home.

Hmm where did I put those 501's when I got here?

Chris

I think you are a tad excited??? I know what you mean, i haven't worn a pair of jeans here since getting to Brisbane (i did in Melbourne though). I kind of like not wearing them now though. I got a blister on my heel the first time in months i wore trainers as my feet have been so used to wearing thongs! Better get my feet in training as i head back in time for winter :shocked:. Like you my hubby will enjoy getting back into footy and i do miss a good (though crap for you) English chinky!

I am a little sad to leave Australia as it does certainly have some good points like free things for the kiddies to do and the teenagers here are so much more polite than the English ones. But i do miss the grittiness that comes with English life as it keeps you on your toes!

Where are you heading back to?

I will think of you on Wednesday all the best for your life back home

Georgie

Archived