Royal Brunei airways

Guest brizziebound

Guest brizziebound

Hi All,

Has anyone ever flown with Royal Brunei Airways, or has any info about them,I have flown with Singapore Airlines previously and cannot fault them, but I am now looking at price differences between different airlines and do not know much about this airline so if any one can help,(Nigel!!!), I would be grateful

Thanks

B.B.

We flew twice to Oz last year and the last time was with Royal brunei. Could not fault them except for a few things.

They kept feeding us! The meals were a decent size, good quality and you get fed 6 times. In the end you think "not again"! but I suppose that is not a bad thing.

It is a dry airline although I have heard that if you supply the drink they will open it for you.

The most annoying thing was that the itinerary stated that we stop once at Dubai. This was total rubbish. On the way out we stopped at Dubai for an hour and Brunei for an hour. But on the way home we stopped at Brunei for 6 hours and again at Dubai for 1 hour. This is to allow them to connect all the different routes up as they are not a big airline. The 6 hour stop was a shocker as they was no mention of it on the Itinerary. I would definitely fly with them again if they did a a special deal again.

JOHN

Guest Paul EDGE

HI

As John says we found RB excellent with good food and very pleasant crew, we used them when we moved over plus my daughter has used them a further two times to go back to the UK and I've also heard like John they will let you take alcohol on board as they are dry ships.

Also I'm not sure if all airlines allow you double baggage allowance but RB did on proof of permanent migration, very useful.

Good Luck

Paul

We flew back home with RB from Brisbane to London.

We thought they were as good as Singapore but half the price.

As said the only negative was we were told that we would have 4 hour stop at Brunai but we had another 1 hour at Dubai which we didnt know about. It wouldnt stop us flying again with them.

Also on the flight from Brisbane to Brunai and again Brunai to Dubai, we each had a whole row of seats each so could stretch out and have a good sleep. It only got full on Dubai to London.

Jill

xxx

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi B.B

There is a Skytrax review of Royal Brunie at-

Royal Brunei Airlines Reviews and Royal Brunei Airlines Passenger Opinions about Royal Brunei Airlines standards

I must admit that RB are one of the few airlines I have not flown with in my nearly 12 years as a licensed T.A. so I can't really give you any guidance although the comments here from those that have tried them seem pretty positive.

I would suggest that you check out Skytrax and if you like the sound of them go for it,if you don't then PM me with your requirements and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

I have flown RB Perth to London return 3 times, There is a longer stop at Brunei airpot for a connecting flight to Perth I think it's on a Thursday, all other days the stop is shorter.

It's a dry flight, but you can drink your own.

They still use the odd older aircraft (screens suspended from the roof) so you could end up with an old plane.

The flight is longer as it stops twice, Brunei, and a brief refuel stop at Dubai, other than that it is a good flight.

Guest proud2beaussie

They have updated their fleet recently and now use Airbus A 330's out of LHR to Brunei ,they have in seat TV,etc but they do still use 767's and A319's on the Brunie-PER and Brisbane sectors,and they don't all have in seat TV although some do.

Tisme is correct about the drink situation,they don't serve alcohol but you can bring your own.

Guest brizziebound

Thanks everyone for all the info, looks like RB could be choice for us when we finally get the visa, Martin.

Archived