Online Applications

Guest lotte

After having my skills assessed and getting sponsorship from South Australia, I only submitted my application to DIMA on the 22nd October. I used the online facility and think that it is very helpful! I have friends that applied using a paper application and they were always wondering if documents had arrived and didn't get assigned a case officer for over 6 weeks. With the online facility there is a list of all the documents you need to send and you can check that they have received them using an online enquiry service. I also got assigned my case officer after 5 days of applying. I just thought I would let everyone know how helpful I found the online facility and how it takes away the worry of whether or not they received documents through the post!

Guest heather

Can I ask what type of visa you applied for. I have been online and it does not appear that you can apply for the 136/7 visa. Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks

Hi Heather,

I applied for a skilled independent regional visa (SIR), subclass 495. I don't think you can apply for your visa online. When you go onto the main immigration website follow the links to the left of the page that says online information and if you can apply for your visa it will be listed there!

Hope that helps!

• 3 years later...
Guest nfowley
HI

I applied for a skilled indepedent 175 visa in June 08, sent all documentation including police clearance and medicals using the on line system, was granted the visa yesterday and now sending passports to London for process.

Hi

I just wondered did you attach a copy of the Form 80 for your online visa? We have completed this but it didn't request it so not sure whether to include. Also were you get notified that you had a CO or did you just find out you had visa?

HI Nicola and Simon,

I have check my visa documentation list can't see Form 80 on it, but I sent everything that was required to support the visa application within the 28 days of applying for it. Most days I checked the DIAC website then on Tuesday looked it up , visa granted, email sent to my email address and a letter confirming the visa and what to do next. One day visa still been processed and the next day visa granted, absolutely delighted system worked well, but abit stressed during those 28 days to get all the paperwork together, hoping to go in June 09

Bernie

Guest nfowley
HI Nicola and Simon,

I have check my visa documentation list can't see Form 80 on it, but I sent everything that was required to support the visa application within the 28 days of applying for it. Most days I checked the DIAC website then on Tuesday looked it up , visa granted, email sent to my email address and a letter confirming the visa and what to do next. One day visa still been processed and the next day visa granted, absolutely delighted system worked well, but abit stressed during those 28 days to get all the paperwork together, hoping to go in June 09

Bernie

Great, thanks for that info. Well we'd better hurry and get our police checks just in case!! Good luck with the move!!

Guest Colette & Allibongo
HI Nicola and Simon,

Bernie

Hi Bernie,

Can i just ask what your profession is? We applied online for 175 (OH is in IT) AND ARE TYING TO GUAGE when we will get the visa through. we are getting medicals done on 15th December and front loading them, hoping to get the visa asap. it seems some applications get through quicker depending on the profession.

Congrats on Visa by the way! You must be so excited. Where are you heading for?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Allsopps3
Hi Bernie,

Can i just ask what your profession is? We applied online for 175 (OH is in IT) AND ARE TYING TO GUAGE when we will get the visa through. we are getting medicals done on 15th December and front loading them, hoping to get the visa asap. it seems some applications get through quicker depending on the profession.

Congrats on Visa by the way! You must be so excited. Where are you heading for?

Hi, Colette and Allibongo,

We sent our on-line app. in October and I was wanting to front load our meds and police checks to hopefully help speed things up, but am unsure how to go about it as on the DIAC site it says we should receive the forms electronically? Did you just book the medicals and the Dr sent them anyway or are there forms that can be printed? Same goes for police checks too.

Thanks for your help,

Tracey

Guest Mark & Tracy W

We did our police checks using the Association of chief police officers which you can look up online. They send you a certificate (£35ish a person) with a week or two which you can then scan and upload as per your other docs. Medicals and Xrays are sent direct from your panel doctor (you are not allowed to handled them). You get a list of panel doctors from the Department of Immigration & Citizenship site. Phone up one of the doctors on that list and enquire to availability etc (medicals and xrays are a bit more pricey).

We sent our on-line app. in October and I was wanting to front load our meds and police checks to hopefully help speed things up, but am unsure how to go about it as on the DIAC site it says we should receive the forms electronically? Did you just book the medicals and the Dr sent them anyway or are there forms that can be printed? Same goes for police checks too.

Thanks for your help,

Tracey

I won't re-type the note of caution I have posted on other threads about front end loading medicals and police certificates following the 01/01/2009 changes - see here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/50322-how-long-did-your-175-visa-take.html#post394147

Best regards.

Guest dan and rachel

hi,

please can someone confirm if we need to get documents verified for online applications, in the same way we do for paper applications (ie signed by solicitor)?

thanks.

R

Guest Allsopps3
hi,

please can someone confirm if we need to get documents verified for online applications, in the same way we do for paper applications (ie signed by solicitor)?

thanks.

R

Hi, Rachel. Yes, you do!

Tracey

Guest dan and rachel
Hi, Rachel. Yes, you do!

Tracey

OK. Thanks. After they're all verified do we just scan them and attach the documents?

Guest nfowley

Thanks for your help,

Tracey

Hi

I know your not asking me but just thought I'd reply anyway! We had the same problem with our medicals and the forms, we even called immigration depatment, in the end we were told you could just print the forms and take them to your medical and also the x-ray form, which we did, and then they are all posted off (to Sydney I think). The only difference was I think the cost of having a couirer to get it there, as it wasn't online. All worked out in the end, our medicals have been cleared! Hope this makes sense, I'm night shift at the moment and sleepy!!

Nicola

Guest nfowley
hi,

thanks.

R

As far as I'm aware if you scan in the original documents they do not need to be certified (unless they are black and white), we had our documents certified but in the end we scanned in the original documents so didn't need the certified documents!

Guest Allsopps3

:smile:

Hi

I know your not asking me but just thought I'd reply anyway! We had the same problem with our medicals and the forms, we even called immigration depatment, in the end we were told you could just print the forms and take them to your medical and also the x-ray form, which we did, and then they are all posted off (to Sydney I think). The only difference was I think the cost of having a couirer to get it there, as it wasn't online. All worked out in the end, our medicals have been cleared! Hope this makes sense, I'm night shift at the moment and sleepy!!

Nicola

Hi, Nicola.

Reply away! The more people that reply, the more snippets of info are gathered. I found the forms and printed them off and we've got meds booked for tomorrow, and for much cheaper than I expected!! I know how you feel after a night shift, I hope you haven't got another one tonight!

Tracey

Guest dan and rachel
As far as I'm aware if you scan in the original documents they do not need to be certified (unless they are black and white), we had our documents certified but in the end we scanned in the original documents so didn't need the certified documents!

Hi Nicola and Simon,

We had read somewhere that you didn't need to get scanned documents certified but it seems to depend where you seek your advice. My husband already had his done but, obviously, it could save a bit of time if we didn't need to get mine done as well...

Rachel

Hi,

I completed my application yesterday and created a password at the end after making payment and receiving TRN. The online document attachment facility does however now not allow me to log on stating that my password is incorrect (I am sure it is not), how am I now supposed to get the scanned documents to them? Their website states the most contradictory message ever, "If you lodged a paper application or you are unable to attach documents to the application online through the eVisa system they can be emailed to the department...adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au...When your application has been assessed you will be advised of a further email address to use in providing documents. Please only send documents to that address." - Does this mean that I should attach all documents as per the checklist to the email address stated, and then later when assesed I will be provided with a new email address??? What to do?

Archived