Been here a week

The Bray Family

Hi

Wow been here a week already. Arrived in Brisbane to rain yukk. It was a long flight, we did a stop over in singapore for 3 nights. I am so glad we did, Singapore was fab had a good few days although we where jet lagged and tired.Arrived in Brisbane 6.40am. We got a taxi from the airport to our appartment. We are renting a 2 bedroom appartment near the city. We settled in went down the road for breakfast. Then went to sort out our hire car. Managed to find the supermarket and stocked up for the week.Next day the weather was rain again, so went for a drive to check out some suburbs that we had researched before we came out. We liked all the areas we drove round. The next day we went to visit family in noosa had a great day, even left one of the kids with them for a few days. Fun is now over down to the serious buisiness of finding a rental. Started round a few real eastate agents some seem to want to help other just are not interested. After going around about 8 agents one told us how hard it is to find a rental and that you put in an application then the owner chooses who they want. As we have a dog this was not good news.We decided we need to start going to look around a few houses. We spent another day going round agents picking up there rental Lists and making appointments to view propertys.The first house was on a building site and was 4 bedroom but it was small. This agent sent us to look at another property which was bigger and more expensive.We looked around the outside rang the agent and asked to view it.The agent showed us round the house was perfect. We still had a few more to see. Every house we saw was not as nice too small one was really tatty. Decided to put in an application within half an hour the owner agreed us but said the dog must stay outside.I cant leave my baby outside all the time, We mangaed to talk then into letting in on the tiled areas only whew. We can relax now just need our furniture to arrive. My OH Has a job interview next week so all is looking good for our new life here. We move into our house next week the house is in north lakes if anyone wants to show us around please get in touch.

Sarah

Guest traybears

Hi Sarah,Thanks for sharing your experiance with us.Well done with your rental,good luck with the job interview,Tracy.xx.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Welcome to Brizzy guys! Ive been here 4 years + live in Sinnamon Park.

Good Luck with everything and keep in touch!

Guest Joz Moz

Hi , We are on our 7th week and are renting in Coomera Waters on the Gold Coast. Its really nice and we back on to a marina which is fab. We are settling in and have got both our girls into school. Lauren is age 11 and Lucy is 5. Lauren has been harder to settle probably due to her age, she has done two weeks at school and there were tears on her first day. Lucy is in a different school we couldnt get them both in the same school as we out of the catchment area for Lucy's school which is the one I prefer. We are making friends and have nice neighbours who have lent us a lounge as the Australians call it (settee or coach) until our container arrives which is due this week, hooray! Think it is the best move in the long run and will be a much better life style for our family.

Best of luck Jo Mason, here with husband Carl and two girls.

Great to hear your update and to read that you have been able to find a rental (and quite quickly too) with a dog. I was starting to worry a bit about that. Let's hope we can persuade the owners to allow our dog onto the tiled areas then!

Hope you continue to settle in well.

Has it stopped raining yet?

Guest donovan

Hey Sarah

Glad to see you have finally arrived, tell your hubby good luck with the interview next week and keep us all posted on how your getting on.

Sarah x

Archived