Teee hee, guess where I am!

Quoll

Flew home for a holiday (unfortunately only a holiday) on Thursday and am now lapping up the feeling of spring. We are off to a daffodil festival today. OK so yesterday it poured with rain but when you have been without rain essentially for several years it was wonderful! Sure it was chilly but thank heavens for Damart thermal underwear I say.

We flew BA - I take back all I have ever said about them, the flight was great (code share with Qantas but a BA plane). The plane was clean and well kept, the cabin crew were great especially as we had an 18 month toddler with us (we had the bulkhead space and a natty little reclining car seaty thing which they buckled to it for us). The toddler travelled as well as any of us and after a few laps of the aisles she slept, read and played with the touchscreen entertainment system for most of the way. My DS and DIL brought her food that she liked and she was fine with the ear thing given a glass of water or something to eat. Add to that the fact that the flight was 30 minutes early was an added bonus and the other DS was at Heathrow to meet us and he drove the baggage home while we caught the tube (DGD adored that and found the people very entertaining along with the movement of the train) and the train from Liverpool St (DGD loved that too and delighted in spotting the horses, cows, sheep and various other things along the route)

This is the first time that my rellies have met her and she just waltzed into their lives and it is as if she has known them for years.

Today looks as if it might be sunny which will be good for the daffs and the kids are looking forward to sampling the markets (they already found a farmers market which impressed them). Might have to take a drive down to Surrey as cant make up my mind if we can survive with one car or will need two and in the meantime will be cheering on Cambridge in the Boat Race.

I still call UK home and despite the grey, graffiti, people, drizzle I know I am HOME. Shame I left the DH behind which means I will have to go back.

Guest The McT's

would the REAL Quoll please make themselves known to a staff member asap. We believe a person with positive views is impersonating you in the UK

Guest proud2beaussie

So they will have to drag you back to Heathrow then Quoll !LoL,

Seriously I hope you have a great time in the UK,you obviously still have your heart there so I'm sure you'll have fun,at least I hope so,hope the weather is kind to you.

Cheers

Guest snow white

enjoy yourself quoll hope you have a lovely time as for the weather being kind i lived their for 38 years it was never kind to me especially at 3pm school picking up time lol

lesley x

Archived