regrets when you get home?

Guest Mark and Sharon

Mark and Sharon all I can say is thats its a very personal journey.

We arrived back in the UK in November after spending 2 years in brisbane and for us as a family its the best move we have ever made. My Hubby secured a job ...even though part of the building trade ...before he came home.This is evidence that contacts in the time of recession helps. Im also due to start work again....in retail banking even though there is a recruitment ban....again a case of who you know helps.

We sold our 4 bed house in Brisbane and bought a 4 bed house In Scotland(Again with a little help from recession) but its the family life that has improved tenfold. Having Grandparents,Aunties,Uncles,Cousins ect on the doorstep has been so benefical to my 3 year old...it melts my heart to see her so happy and loved...beats any day we spent in the beautiful sunshine coast.At the end of the day there is nothing that can be done in australia that cant be done in the UK.Ok the weather might not suit everyone but I got soooo fed up with the constant sunshine especially round christmas so in the end I couldn't wait to get back to cold frosty mornings.And I have to say a sunny day in scotland feels really magical.

Anyway I just wanted to say its all down to the individual but for my family there is no looking back.

Good luck with your choice.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest22466

Joetrac I am glad that you are happy to be home and if you had not have come to Australia you would not have known, sometimes in doing so brings some important things home to you like family and friends . It just shows that what works for one does not work for another and that we all have to work out what is best for ourselves and that all our hopes and dreams are all different. Some go back and regret and some go back home and appreciate home more for family and friendsand the different lifestyle etc. This site has taught me to appreciate everyones circumstances and that nor is the UK or Australia a good or bad place to live but different in some ways, its really where feels home to you and your family is the best place to live. For many brits , Australia is home and they love it and it works the other way around too. I say wether going or staying there is no wrong or right but a right which works for YOU and YOUR family. Enjoy the rest of your lives and be richer in your soul for the experience.

Guest Mark and Sharon

Thanjs joetrac that was good to read and i think sum`s up what we`ve been thinking for a while now.I have my old job back in the uk to go to, we only rented our house out and the kids can get back in there old school`s and when not if we go back i think we`re appreciate life so much more now ,just gutted we`ve missed a lovely springtime in the uk my favourite time of year.

Archived