Grace Removals?

emmaj

We believe that Hubs company are instructing Grace removals to ship our furniture to Oz.

Has anyone used this company? If so please tell me the good, the bad and the ugly!

Many thanks

Emma

x

Hi Emma

We used Doree Bonner from the UK to Queensland and then in Queensland Doree used Grace removals to bring our container to us from Brisbane to here on the Sunshine Coast.

We had a great team of guys both ends, and Grace this end were Fantastic even offered to help to put wardrobes and TV stands together for us.

No delays infact Grace had our container delivered to us a few days earlier than expected and also kept in contact and knew who we were when we telephoned them, very professional we thought.

No horror stories from me, just all good:yes:

Enjoy you new start

Guest snow white

hi hon

we used doree bonner who use grace removals at this end twice they were fantastic infact so impressed there who i recommend to my clients on my website all the best with the big move hon

lesley x

We used Excess International and Grace removals are their sister company, had no problems with either company, everything arrived safe and sound, did have a couple of things broken but nothing major to be honest. Found both teams of guys to be friendly and helpful and very honest and proffessional.

Could have got our container to us earlier but other than that we were very happy with it from start to finish.

Good Luck

Alison x

• 2 weeks later...
We used Excess International and Grace removals are their sister company, had no problems with either company, everything arrived safe and sound, did have a couple of things broken but nothing major to be honest. Found both teams of guys to be friendly and helpful and very honest and proffessional.

Could have got our container to us earlier but other than that we were very happy with it from start to finish.

Good Luck

Alison x

Wish we could say the same!!!

We used John Mason, Liverpool Cannot say we are happy. When our stuff arrived here, there was qyuite a lot "missing". The amount of boxes on the inventory in teh UK and Aussie was teh same.. only boxes showing sign or being opened and re-sealed..are those checked by customs.

So the fairies had our gear - according to John Mason. Now the cynic in me says...if the packers dont include the box(s) of stuff they have cherry picked, they are never going to look as though stuff is missing. SO how can we convince the insurance we have!!!

My advise is make sure you can prove what is in the boxes. other posts about shippers show we are not alone in having stuff missing...most folk seem tgo accept it as a part of the deal...Not Me.

If you need more info ..do a forum seach for shippers and you should have a variety of stories and decide what you can do to ensure what you send - is what you get!

Best Wishes

L.L.

We also used Doree Bonner & Grace. Great guys in the UK & no major problems, just took longer to get here than expected.

I was amazed that the Aussies could unload in a couple of hours what took poms 2 days to pack!

Mind you, the chaps from Grace didn't take as much care with our stuff though & took a chunk out of the doorframe & nearly knocked a tree down in the front garden of our rental!! :laugh:

We also used Doree Bonner & Grace. Great guys in the UK & no major problems, just took longer to get here than expected.

I was amazed that the Aussies could unload in a couple of hours what took poms 2 days to pack!

Mind you, the chaps from Grace didn't take as much care with our stuff though & took a chunk out of the doorframe & nearly knocked a tree down in the front garden of our rental!! :laugh:

I suppose that apart from packing items into the boxes - they were also busy looking at what was on their shopping list for resale!!!

Only 2 hours because not expecting problems we asked them to simply unload into our garage - big mistake - the delivering shippers - in our case normally unload into the rooms marked on the inventory ..ie 1 bed = take to a bedroom.

Ours was not furniture, it was mostly arta nd craft related stuff and "bitty" so we just asked to unload - and played into the hands of teh light fingered, because we have no proof or witnesss for items missing.

L.L.

Archived