Victor Harbour

Guest chelsea4

Guest chelsea4

Hi,

We are coming to SA for a reccie in April and we where thinking of spending a couple of days in Victor Harbour at the Anchorage hotel, does anyone know anything about this area, or this hotel

Thanks

Hi,

We are coming to SA for a reccie in April and we where thinking of spending a couple of days in Victor Harbour at the Anchorage hotel, does anyone know anything about this area, or this hotel

Thanks

We validate to adelaide ourselves april/may, its a bit of a seaside town isnt it,apparantly that time of year its a bit bleak,thats what i was told by people anyway,very quiet,saying that we still intend going and having a look ourselves but we are going to stay around seaford/noarlunga way i think,have you tried pomsinadelaide?

Victor Harbour is a little way out and more popular for a holiday destination or a day trip, you may find yourself a little isolated. I guess it depends on where you want to settle. Most people who want to settle in the southern suburbs choose something in the areas mentioned earlier or towards Glenelg.

Cheers

Judi x

Guest smc01

Victor Harbour is nice and quiet, and lovely!! I went to Adelaide for a week in April about 6 years ago (so may have changed a bit!) and stayed in Glenelg whilst in Adelaide, which was brilliant, then a few days in Victor Harbour - staying at a hotel that overlooked the bowling green (can't remember what it was called) - a must is to walk over to Granite Island and then to walk around it - lovely!!

Tourism Victor Harbor on the Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia

Welcome to Granite Island Recreation & Nature Park : Home of the Little Penguins in South Australia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest red back

LIvingin Port NOarlunga I would certainly book just the night in Victor... The tram ride is about your lot althought the senic views are breath taking.. Make sure if you have any lunch on the island, keep one eye on the birds. They tend todrop stuff on your plate.. If anyone is coming down this way drop us a line, may be able to meet up on your recce and have a yarn..

Agatha's for lunch is really good!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GForce2001z

My brother-in-law made us walk around "granite island" in plus 30degree+ celsius heat, I thought the missus was gonna have a stroke...haha.

Beautiful place though, the water is very clear.

G

Archived