to buy or not to buy

chippy2

just wondering peoples views on the current housing markets whether england or oz,house prices in england are falling rock bottom,making more affordable for first time buyers and great bargains for eveybody else,where as in australia prices havnt really started to drop yet but think will follow suit as see them as overinflated.my question is,is there anyone buying or selling at the moment or just watching from the sidelines to see which way things will go:unsure:

just wondering peoples views on the current housing markets whether england or oz,house prices in england are falling rock bottom,making more affordable for first time buyers and great bargains for eveybody else,where as in australia prices havnt really started to drop yet but think will follow suit as see them as overinflated.my question is,is there anyone buying or selling at the moment or just watching from the sidelines to see which way things will go:unsure:

People i know in the building trade have had no work for about 5 months till now. Most now are inundated with calls from people doing up there property so give it a month to 6 weeks & the house rise will start again. UK

Guest ABCDiamond

The housing market in Western Sydney appears to be picking up again, for the lower priced properties.

That market stagnated and then dropped from 2003 for a few years, but it is now almost back to where it was in 2003.

We have decided to buy, with interest rates low (hopefully set to go lower), and the increased first home owner grant, we decided it was the right time for us. Houses in our neck of the woods are moving (the lower priced ones).

So we have an offer in on a house and it has been accepted, just awaiting word from our mortgage company.

Cheers

Karen

Guest 1957alan

in my view house prices in aus will have the same domino effect as the UK ,all be it 18mths behind usual case.aus per head, are the most second home owners in the world, which lends me to believe once the prices begin to fall,panic will set in producing a flood of houses into the market place,thus the more choice ,the less you will pay.my prediction on this is that in two years the price drop will be 20-25 percent and thats been conservitive. as for the UK i see a slowing down in the drop of house prices but still 10-15 percent by feb 2010. in the UK i think the goverment are handcufing the bank, to see a drop in house prices,hence if you only have to pay back a smaller morgage,there is more money in your wage, to pay the goverment more in taxes,which will pay of there debt. goverment 1 banks 0 about time to.

i wouldn't buy in either country at the moment and wait to see in the next 6 months if things are starting to recover or the stimulus packages around the have failed ,i would think that the uk market hasn't got much further to fall but get it wrong and you lose a lot of money i would wait to see a small rise first

i wouldn't buy in either country at the moment and wait to see in the next 6 months if things are starting to recover or the stimulus packages around the have failed ,i would think that the uk market hasn't got much further to fall but get it wrong and you lose a lot of money i would wait to see a small rise first

I think this is very good advice, it really could go either way

Archived