Meds

steve/helen

Hi all we had our meds today ,we dont get our xray and blood test results till the end of the week,but they said our eldest daughter who is 10 has a heart murmer they didnt say that she needs further investigating or to do anything.Does anyone know if this will affect our visa application or not,im going to book an appointment with our gp and see what he says.Thanks for any info Helen

Guest The Ryders

The doctor that carried out the medical should be able to tell you that. Our doctor was very helpful when we had a problem with our medicals.

Guest freshfields

Hi All

We too had our meds today. We had our xrays this morning and took them with us to the doctor in the afternoon. We have to wait 7days before the blood results come back then they will post them off.

I was really worried about the meds but what really nice people they all were and put my worries to rest, we laughed all the way through Dr Maurice was such a nice chap. He was quite happy to answer any of our questions which was a help. We had been told by other people that they will not tell you anything. Children didn't have to do bloods, which was a big relief on their faces.

We have to wait a see now. Fingers crossed even tighter.

Good luck to all with theres

Kaz & family

Guest neil smith

Can't answer your post, but was just wondering what is actually involved in the medical?? we should be going for ours in about 4 weeks, just wanted to know what happens?

Cheers

neil

They wernt too bad at all ,i got really anxious and there was no need to at all.We went to a place where u can get it all done in one go,some places u have to go to one place to get your chest xray then to another place to see a doctor to do your medical.They did our chest xray first ,tested our wee,then into the doctor who did our height weight,tested eye sight,looked in ears,did blood pressure ,blood test,listened to heart and tested reflexes and asked general questions and that was it.Hope this helps Helen

Guest freshfields

Hi hope you don't mind me replying

Xrays for myself,husband and daughter she is 11yrs

bloods taken for myself,husband. Blood pressure myself,husband and daughter

All these below were done by us all, me hubby,daughter 11, son 8yrs

Urine, eye test, weight, reflexes, feels tummy, listens to your heart/lungs deep breath in, looks in ears,mouth,eyes.

Checks that the answers you have given on the form, might ask you the odd question about some of the answers you have given. Will say if you are unsure of anything check with the doctor before you fill the form in. The questions are straight forward.

Hope this helps.

Kaz

Guest TONYL

we are going for meds next tuesday and been told doctor first then x rays after just wondering whether anybody else done it same way thanks tonyl

Archived