ACS: still awaiting documents after almost 2 weeks

Guest nmqpifo

Guest nmqpifo

Hello,

Thanks again for the help for my previous question... I managed to find a solicitor that certified my copies for a very reasonable price!

I have sent them to ACS and this is the problem now: I sent them on the 2nd of March, but ACS website still says "awaiting documents". To send I used Post Office "International Signed For", but I am not sure if that was the best option, as it is not possible to track the delivery abroad (they didn't tell me that at the time).

As the average time to deliver to Australia is said to be 5 working days, I see three possibilities here... my mail is just delayed, ACS takes a while after they receive the documents to update their website, or it just got lost.

Before I start panicking, anyone can share experiences on this? How did you send the documents to ACS (I should have asked this before I know!) How long did they take to get there?

Thanks again!

Luis

Hi for all my info that has been sent to oz like the tra and meds i used dhl. For the reason i could insure the package to the full amount that it would cost to replace everything and re send, i could also track it from being picked up all the way to it being signed for in oz.

It is expensive to use courier but worth it for peace of mind. Especialy when you read thread on here and peoples eexperience with royal mail.

All are packaces we sent took 5 days to be received.

Rachael

Guest brandyslad

I had this panic yesterday with my meds. They left the UK on the 25th by Royal Mail. I emailed the HOC and they emailed back really quickly saying there was no sign of them ... Panic time.

Someone on here then advised me to email Auspost. Go to their website, click on 'contact us' and fill in the details with your tracking number. I did my skills assessment with Vetassess and it took them ages to update the page and say they had been received so this is probably the case.

My panic is over today however cos HOC emailed me to say meds received and finalised so they magically appeared!

What I would say is that I did price couriers yesterday as I imagined having to resend meds and there was one company who would courier for about £20, so when you are sending meds it could be worth it for peace of mind. I don't think I could have gone through the Royal Mail drama again!

Guest nmqpifo

Hello,

Thanks for the replies and advice!

Just an update... I have contacted the Australian Post, but got no reply. I contacted ACS also on Monday without a reply either. However, today I got an email from ACS confirming that they have received my documents!

So, I still don't know where was the delay. That was a bit of stress but at least all is in place... Just a question of time now.

Thanks,

Luis

• 1 month later...
Guest nmqpifo

Hello,

I wanted to give you another quick update, in case it is of interest to someone in the same situation as me...

On Monday this week the status of my ACS application changed from in process to with assessor. Then today I got an email from them saying that the result letter was about to be sent! That was much quicker than I thought it would be, given that I logged my online application on the 21st of February...

Luis

Archived