Pensions

lostintransit

Hi....hoping that someone can give me some information......OH has a private pension that has been frozen for the past couple of years, plus I have a frozen company pension......What do we do with them when we go to Oz?....How do we get them transfered?:jiggy:

I'd get very good advice before transferring a final salary pension - they are like gold dust in this day and age of volatile markets!

Also remember that once your pension has been transferred here and you have PR, if you change your mind then you cant take it back with you until you reach retirement age.

Get really good financial advice about whether it is what you really want to do in the longer term.

Good luck!

Whoever you use for a transfer of UK pension benefits to Australia please ensure they are familiar with taxation in the UK and in Australia, as the main drivers for a transfer are tax related.

Key issues are the UK's QROPS provisions, and - in Australia - the FIF rules and section 295-200 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.

S 295-200 is where the assessment of a pension transfer made more than 6 months after becoming a tax resident of Australia comes into play:

SECTION 295-200 - Transfers from foreign superannuation funds

It is all rather technical I am afraid - if you would like the name and contact details of my colleague who assists in this regard please send me a PM or an email (click on my name to the left of this posting) and I will arrange for details to be sent to you.

Hi Guys

I am also looking into transfering my final salary pension..

My agent passed on this company who are based in OZ and deal with transfering pensions..

Heres link.

www.ukpensiontransfers.net.au

Goodluck

Be careful with your final salary pension ,I transferred my corus /bsc pension and was not an happy bunny , but apparently the goalposts have shifted a bit since last year

Archived