Flights & Singapore

Generalis

Hi all

Looking for some advice.

Stopped off at travel agents today to see how much flights to Brisbane will be on 30 October and was quoted £2500 for 2 adults 2 children. Also considering a stop over for 3 nights in Singapore and they quoted £550 for room only at Royal Mercure. Need help on:

1. Is anyone able to recommend any cheaper flights?

2. Has anyone stayed over in Singapore? Is it cheap enough for meals, taxis etc. What is there to do? Will be researching tonight but if anyone has anything to add it would be appreciated. All I know is there is a roof top swim pool at airport(?) and Singapore Zoo.

Thanks

Sam x

Guest dobber

Great place for a few days, food very cheap to eat out especially little india and chinatown. Also the island of sentosa is well worth a day out, And the zoo at night is excellent will do again next time we're out that way.

have you looked online, tesco flights direct are reasonable. Cant comment on stopovers I'm afraid as never been. I like the sound of the rooftop swim in syngapore though, will have to remember to pack my cozzie.

Guest sunseekers

Hi

We just booked our flights with Singapore airlines 2 adults and 2 children £2030. Sorry no stop overs so cant comment. we used net travel 01772 550152

Singapore is very steamy and hot, you can get a deal on the internet for hotels too on somewhere like hotel.com. We had to check out of our hotel in the morning but weren't catching the flight till 10pm to London, but they let us go back and shower before we went to the airport (the humidity got us I'm afraid).

There is plenty of shopping, but not as cheap as it used to be. Lots of tourist traps etc, especially hotel staff/porters trying to hail you cabs to take you to shops they want you to get ripped off at (like many tourist places). The taxis are cheap enough to buzz around town in, if you have limited time. We also got the 'duck boat' which goes on the Singapore harbour and it was great for photos etc. They also have an observation wheel now, and hopefully it's working unlike the one is Melbourne which is sitting there doing nothing as it buckled in the heat this month.

Singapore is a very 'ordered' place. They say "it is a fine city - do something wrong and you get fined ! ". Some people like it, plenty of cheap food and there is a massive electrical store which sells every gadget under the sun which my teenagers thought was unbelievable.

Guest proud2beaussie

Check out Expedia for some good deals,October is shoulder season in Australia so you should be able to get flights at around £1800.00 to £2000.00 also check out flight centre,they quite often will do a flight/hotel package at good prices.

Most airlines are struggling for passengers at the moment so £2500.00 seems a bit high to me.

www.expedia.co.uk

www.flightcentre.co.uk

Archived