Spouse Visa

Guest maryclaude2

Guest maryclaude2

Hi All,

I'm Australian and have been living in England for the past eleven years. I married a Londoner eight years ago and we have two children together. Now we'd like to move back to Australia and I've been looking at all the sites for Visas for him.

As far as I can make out, since we've been married for more than five years, he might be eligible for a Visa without having to fulfil a skill points quota but it just feels too good to be true.

Does anyone know anything about Spouse Visas? I have asked a couple of people and I'm waiting for Go Matilda to contact us but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'm wondering whether I have to prove I can support us all when we get there.

Claudia

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Claudia

http://gomatildaforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1066053782/m/9571068622

Dunteaching on the thread above is also an Australian citizen, plus she is a Poms In Oz member as well. And, like you, she has been married for around 8 years I think.

She and a few others have the very latest gen on spouse visas. Their thread on GM is the most recent I've seen, so I'd suggest that you join the Go Matilda forum as well and ask Dunteaching and the others.

Dunteaching is not using an Agent. I am not sure about the others.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Gill

Hi Claudia,

I arrived here in Oz on a temp spouse visa as we had quite not been married long enough for pernament and i have children from a first marriage and not from my aussie husband.

(which seems to make a very big difference)

I think you will find that your hubby and children will get straight on to pernament aussie visa as you have been married for longer than the qualifing time (sure its 5 years) and also as you are already australian and a returning aussie there should be no problem for your children either, check the http://www.immi.gov.au website out and family members section , the only awkard bit they maybe is something to do with a returning citizen - but im not too sure how this is worked out. I have heard of a friend of my hubbys who was a returning aussie to oz and had to do something as he had been away from oz for a while. Sure the immi web site will help you with all you need to know and also sure there are plenty of others on this site that will be able to guide you as well.

Good luck

gizmo

Hi Claudia

Spouse visa applicants have never had to pass the economic points test. they just need to proive they are in a genuine spouse relationship with an Australian. The application is such that you apply for two visas on the one form, a temporary 309 spouse visa and the permanent 100 visa. Usually, the tempoorary sposue visa is processed and granted first as the 100 visa is not allowed to be finalised within 2 years of making the visa application - unless the applicant is in a "long-term spouse relationship with the sponsoring spouse".

"Long-term spouse relationship" is a defined term and means - a spouse relationship that has existed for at least 5 years, or two years if there are any children from the relationship. So your husband will be approved the 309 visa, whisch will not be placed in his passport as they will then automatically approbe the permanent 100 visa which will be placed in his passport.

The children would be better registered, if not aleready done, as Australian Citizens born overseas and the ycan then apply for Australian passports.

Regards

Tony Coates

MARN 0635896

Archived