How long for 176 family sponsored visa's??

lostintransit

Hi there.....Was just wondering how people are doing that have 176 family sponsored applications, which are on the CSL & MODL lists???

Our application has been lodged now for nearly 6months......Plus I am totally confused as to where we fit in with this new priority system .......As we are 176 but not State Sponsored.......On the CSL list but not 175!!!!:arghh:

Don't wont to jump from family sponsored to state incase they stop processing state & move onto family.....Most of the time moving queues doesn't work

Would love to hear from people that are in the same boat.......& get any advice

Thanks

Sue:biggrin:

Guest RobandTaz

Hi, started to apply in Sep 07 and in the same boat. Lodged application 175 8 months ago, still waiting, had phone call before christmas telling us the visa list will be changing and therefore would need to change visa to a 176 state sponsored visa, but dont know whether to change this or not. The reason I was advised to change to a 176 was that they are lodging them now and would get a answer back in 4 - 6 weeks ?. I was advised by my case worker who has been helpful up to now and he believes that this is the best option.

Guest brizziebound

Hi , we are also applying for a 176 family sponsered visa, applied first week september 08,we are on CSL(bricklayer), no idea where we are in the queue but have recently sent off for our police checks and our meds have just been completed and sent to oz. Like yourselves we don't like the idea of changing to state sponsered in case the goalposts are moved again- so we are just waiting in limbo.

good luck, will keep you informed if we hear anything.

B.B.

Guest Cane Family

Hi

We applied for our 176 Family Sponsored Visa on 1st July, 2008, my OH job is on the CSL and MODL and we received our visa grant on 19th Feb 09:jiggy:

Please see our signature at the bottom of post for the different stages, but due to the new processing rules this may be different now, its all very confusing, if you have an agent maybe contact them and ask the question

Good Luck

Adele xxx

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi there.....Was just wondering how people are doing that have 176 family sponsored applications, which are on the CSL & MODL lists???

Our application has been lodged now for nearly 6months......Plus I am totally confused as to where we fit in with this new priority system .......As we are 176 but not State Sponsored.......On the CSL list but not 175!!!!:arghh:

Don't wont to jump from family sponsored to state incase they stop processing state & move onto family.....Most of the time moving queues doesn't work

Would love to hear from people that are in the same boat.......& get any advice

Thanks

Sue:biggrin:

Hi Sue

There isn't a snowball in a hot place's chance that the Minister will suddenly decide that he prefers family sponsorship to State Sponsorship. That will NOT happen because the whole thrust of his New Plan is to send new migrants to the parts of Oz which actually need their skills instead of letting them move to wherever they like, irrespective of Australia's needs.

If your occupation is on the CSL then you are deemed to be needed urgently all over Australia. Please send a completely blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

In your own case, your occupation is what will give you priority via the CSL. The processing will not be as quick as it would be with State Sponsorship. The ASPC are saying that all CSL occupations where the visa application was received prior to 1st September 2007 (yes, 2007) will be allocated to COs by 20th March. They have given no indication of when later CSL applications will be allocated to COs.

The link to all the various State/Territory migration websites is here:

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Best wishes

Gill

Hi there,

Just thought I'd put in my twopennies worth!!

We lodged our 176 Family Visa a couple of weeks ago, Finally!!! HOORAYY:jiggy: But it did state quite clearly that there would be a wait of at least 12 months. So I'm going into this with my eyes (hopefully!) wide open not expecting to hear anything from a CO till at least Christmas this year. And hey if it comes earlier than that it will be a bonus. :eek:

(Speak to me again in a couple of months..... I'll be tearing my hair out!!!!)

Lisa

PS forgot to mention, OH skill is on CSL and MODL!

Archived