Psychiatric Nursing in Brisbane

Guest JohnandCharlotte

Guest JohnandCharlotte

I'm an RMN and would like to move to Brissie. However, I've heard that Queensland doesn't recognise UK Psychiatric nursing qualifications. Can anyone shed some light on this, please. Also, I've sent my documents to the ANMCC this week. How quickly do they tend to process them? Thanks, John

Hiya,

I'm an RMN and got a job in perth no problem. The ANMC will recognise your qualification no problem and I haven't heard that QLD won't. People will say to you that it's 10 years behind, it isn't really- it's just very different, lots of abbreviations in notes, using trade and not generic names for meds, and no indemnity insurance so probably not a culture of I've going to sue you yet. Mental Health Act is totally different and soooooo easy to get someone sectioned. It is very medically orientated, but to be honest patients seem to be the same the same the world over - you'll have no probs.

Ali

Guest Craig and Susan Reith

i'm an rmn,going to brisbane .we started the process in sept 06 ,anmc took about 6 weeks to provide me with a positive skills assessment (no problem). sent dima application off 21 /11/06 and on the 5/03/07 requested to send medicals and police checks.so far everything has ran very smoothly and there has been no problem with my skills being recognised in qld. good luck

Guest JoanneHattersley
i'm an rmn,going to brisbane .we started the process in sept 06 ,anmc took about 6 weeks to provide me with a positive skills assessment (no problem). sent dima application off 21 /11/06 and on the 5/03/07 requested to send medicals and police checks.so far everything has ran very smoothly and there has been no problem with my skills being recognised in qld. good luck

Hey there Craig, Susan,

I am an RN already out here in Brissie. I have been here for 2 years. I came out with NURSEWORLDWIDE an agency in London and they secured me a job in aged care. It was waiting for me! We landed on wednesday, on the thursday I was at the agency signing everything and on Friday I started work! Lifes good for us here.

Where are you planning to work? WHat Visa are you coming over on?

Guest JohnandCharlotte

Thanks a million for the responses. I'm currently a CPN in an adult CMHT, but would happily do inpatient, assertive outreach or anything, really!

We really fell inlove with Brisbane when we visited last August, and were a bit gutted when we were told that Qnsld wouldn't recognise RMNs - so it's absolutely FANTASTIC news!

Guest Craig and Susan Reith
Hey there Craig, Susan,

I am an RN already out here in Brissie. I have been here for 2 years. I came out with NURSEWORLDWIDE an agency in London and they secured me a job in aged care. It was waiting for me! We landed on wednesday, on the thursday I was at the agency signing everything and on Friday I started work! Lifes good for us here.

Where are you planning to work? WHat Visa are you coming over on?

hi , i currently work as a cmhn and have applied for the 136 skilled migration visa. not sure where i'll work, wouldn't mind old age if they will have me, but will look when we arrive which will hopefully be sept/oct time.plan to live near beenleigh as this is where oh will likely have work, is this anywhere near you. youve been there 2 years now , is it what you expected

Archived