Central coast

Guest judy

Hi all,

New to the forum and trying to get some idea of good places to live on the central coast. Need good schools - kids are 11 and 9, so thats a priority. Also want to work part-time as a nurse, possibly in aged care, so wondering about before and after school care ie how early kids can be dropped off? Have been looking at real estate sites but hard to get an idea of different suburbs from so far away! Any thoughts?

Hey welcome to pio we live in gosford on the central coast. My son goes to a private school and there are teachers there by 8:00am. There are 2 hospitals here. My friend is a nurse & she works in Hornsby which is about a 40 minute drive, so that could be an option... If u need any more info or pics just pm me :-) BTW we have lived here a year & havev2 kids ages 6 & 3..

Thanks all for the welcome! At the moment having a look at places like Erina and Springfield, like Terrigal also but not sure how much we can afford rent wise, all depends on work. Have no property to sell so at the moment just trying to save for getting ourselves set up and rather daunted at the thought of not having the usual family/friends network around.

Judy, You should have no problems coming to the central coast, First work. Gosford & Wyong Hospitals, Also 40 min to Hornsby Hospital and also about 45 min the a different direction to Newcastle hospital. Their are alot of age care places on the central coast - The central coast has been know fro a long time as a retirement place. Should have no trouble getting work - You will need a car to get around as public transport system on the coast is not great. depending on money I know of people from Pommy land who send there kids to Central Coast Grammer - Erina Height. Terrigal really nice place very close to Erina. Erina has a very large shopping centre.

Archived