Long Term Visitor Visa - How long does the visa remain valid????

frizzy1

Hi,

I have just applied for a long term visitors visa and have just found out that it is likely that I will have to delay the trip by 4 months.

Does anyone know for how long the tourist visa remains valid i.e do you have to go on the date you specified or does it just start from the date you enter the country (provided that is within x months?).

The date I was originally arriving in Oz was October this year but now it is going to be February next year. The reason for applying so early is that we are travelling round the world first starting in May!

I have tried calling the Visa Bureau and no answer as usual.

Thanks.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Frizzy

The visa permits 12 months in Oz once you reach Oz. The 12 months begins on the date stamped in your passport when you enter via the airport in Oz.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Frizzy

The visa permits 12 months in Oz once you reach Oz. The 12 months begins on the date stamped in your passport when you enter via the airport in Oz.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks Gill,

Is there a time limit in which I must use it/enter the country?

For example, if I get my visa next month, March but wont actually be entering Oz until Feb next year, this will be nearly a year since getting it - will that be o.k?

Friz

Archived