perth winters

Guest KilleyClan

Guest KilleyClan

hi all,

just been reading a post about flu in brisbane. apparently it can get quite cold there.

just wondering what perth winters are like and how cold it can get.

is there anytime due to the cold, that you wouldn't/couldn't go for a paddle in the sea for example.

thanks

I found last winter quite cold and we had to put the heating on at night a few times. You don't have to wrap up like in the UK but I did wear a cardigan most of the time or a fleece. However, my hubby continued to wear long shorts for work all year (never has to wear long pants).

Ali

I found last winter quite cold and we had to put the heating on at night a few times. You don't have to wrap up like in the UK but I did wear a cardigan most of the time or a fleece. However, my hubby continued to wear long shorts for work all year (never has to wear long pants).

Ali

heating, luxury

They sell heaters here coming up to winter, can't remember how much they were though, so yeah if they're cheap bring a couple. We only had 2 aircon units in the house (reverse cycle) one in the lounge and one in our bedroom. We felt guilty putting it on as the kids bedroom didn't have it, so we've now invested in ducted aircon in all the rooms

Ali

IS IT WORTH SHIPPING A COUPLE OF ELECTRIC HEATERS THEY ARE REALLY CHEAP HERE , YOU KNOW THE PLUG IN RADIATER STYLE , OR SHOULD WE NOT BOTHER? ADVICE PLEASE... ANYTHING YOU GUYS WISHED YOU HAD SHIPPED AND DIDN'T?:unsure:

We bought an oil filled rad last winter think it was $60 , this rental has a wood burner in the kitchen other room thing stock up on the wood pile.

4 or 5 years ago Perth recorded it's lowest ever "Daytime Maximum". It was 11degC. The lowest we've had on a night time has been about 3degC, but when you get cold nights in winter it's because there's no cloud cover, so the daytime temps are about 20degC. It you get a cold winter day (15degC or so) and it's cloudy then the night time is about 8degC. I haven't seen my own breath in 6 years and haven't worn a thick coat during the daytime either.

We had some frost in Rockingham last year. Getting a heater for the winter is recommended either electircal or gas. I would say its needed esp at night and getting up in the mornings. Daytimes usually Ok and it can hover around the 16 degree mark for a few days at a time.

TIm

Archived