NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Iv just checked the AHPRA website. The advanced diploma is 1.5 - 2 years study whilst the australian degree is 3-4 years of study. Fingers crossed this means UK diploma reg nurses must be equivalent to Aus degree. I just wish they would put us out of our misery by processing some applications.

Geordiegirl - reading the other tweets Ahpra also say the 'first cohort' will be getting decisions soon. Surely you and a few others fall into that category!! There have been a barrage of tweets over the weekend re: overseas nurses.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I see they've also mentioned the board is meeting 'more frequently' due to the number of applications.

The earlier post has been removed, as the offer to submit names has expired and thank you to those that were able to forward their details.

Edited by titan11
remove offer to submit names as it has expired

Hi all, can anyone shed some light on the e mail I received this morning!? It's from anmac stating that initial pre assessment is done and most documents are in order except initial Australian registration. It then says "noting you now have Australian rego." What does this mean? I have not yet registered with ahpra!

Does this mean I need to send something else? I did register as a nurse in oz about 10 ish years ago when the system was completely different and each state had their own nursing body! I never kept this registration up. I have no paper work from this and as the Queensland nursing body ( who I registered with no longer exists ). Not sure how I'd get a copy! I did email ahpra at the beginning of this process and they said as things had changed so dramatically since my initial reg I had to start from scratch!!

Do I just wait for further instructions?

any help massively appreciated!!

i posted this in migration issues initially but probably should be here instead!

Hello everyone I have received a messaged from AHPRA, and they are going to look into the registrations. They have asked for names of those who have been waiting from last year before the framework, I am not sure what it means in terms of what actually will be achieved. I also have the shadow assistant health ministers(Oz) from labour paries and MLC looking into the situation and I will be speaking to them sometime tomorrow morning Oz-time.

Well done & thanks for all the work you've done so far.

It doesn't apply to me as I only applied at the end of Feb but perhaps those who applied before the changes will be assessed using the old framework.

Hello everyone I have received a messaged from AHPRA, and they are going to look into the registrations. They have asked for names of those who have been waiting from last year before the framework, I am not sure what it means in terms of what actually will be achieved. I also have the shadow assistant health ministers(Oz) from labour paries and MLC looking into the situation and I will be speaking to them sometime tomorrow morning Oz-time.

Fanbloodytastic work Titan11

i sent mine initially in November 2013. They wanted further information to be with them before 21st January which it was. I was emailed on the 17th January to present in person at the Sydney office. I flew down to Sydney on 13th February. My application was complete before the changes. However since then iv had to jump through hoops to meet the new criteria.

If you could pass my name on Titan 11, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you!

Yes I definately think so! Although Ahpra is certainly looking like it could be the longest bit now. Visa wise it's surprised me how suddenly things have started to move! So exciting. We are heading to SA. How about you?

Yes ahpra is looking like it's going to be even more of a pain! Haven't even started that bit yet and I'm already worried!!! We are hoping for perth, I've got friends there so at least we 'd have some insider knowledge and a helping hand once there!! All very exciting!!

I'm a Swedish nurse who have been reading this forum for quite a while hoping for some good news about the registration with AHPRA.

I put my application thru in one the beginning of October last year and before Christmas they came back to me and asked for more documentation. I mailed everything to them in the beginning of January. In the end beginning of March I got an email stating that the law for international nurses had changed and that they would come back to me shortly with more information. In April, the letter with requests for the new criteria came and in the middle of May I finally got a letter that all information that they needed at this point had arrived. No timeframe could be given...

With just a few more days until 8 months since I applied I am feeling like walking in chewing-gum or something... Nothing happens!

I'm already in Sydney thou because my family moved her and we are permanent residents. Just want to start working as a nurse again!

Hi just to update! I received an e mail from anmac this morning apologising for the confusion, it seems someone else's ahpra registration was stapled to one of my pieces of paperwork! Oops! This assessment will turn me grey!! So no more action required..... Phew!!!!