Jade Goody

Guest WARDStoOZ

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JoanneHattersley

She is in the position that she can make some plans for her young families future which is good. She will be able to make some cherished memories for her kids to hang onto as well. Nothing can remove the pain of knowing that you are not going to be there to see them grow, support them and protect them

I hear about too many people with cancer........

soo sad, being a bit of a reality tv sucker i watched that series of big brother and jade as with anyone else doesn't deserve to suffer such a terrible end.

Cancer really is such a terrible thing and you can literally watch a loved one or freind go from a healthy person to a skeleton with skin with in a couple of years, my farther died of bone cancer a few years ago, and a mate of mine lost his battle at the age of 39 last friday, he went from a body builder to wasting away and using a walking stick.

Guest Polegate

I like Jade very much and always have felt sorry for her. Personally I think Jeff Brazier is the best person to bring the two boys up if he is able to cope with the responsibility. He is their Dad after all.

Jackie

After giving it some thought I have spit this thread as cancer and this topic is a very emotive with some strong opinions, emotions and thoughts involved. This thread is to talk about Jade Goody, therefore I am splitting to keep on track.

I have moved all other posts regarding cancer here:- http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/chewing-fat/54413-cancer-media.html

Thanks

Tim

Guest becky1973

I am glad you kept this part of the thread running! I am one who has beat the same type of Cancer as Jade had... and every day i worry about it coming back. elesewhere as i had a tumour on my pancritius 2 years after having the hysetectomy

I was never told about having smears and when i asked about them my friends and family frightened the life out of me as they said it was horrible and painful...Believe me that information was a load of rubish!!:unsure:

I wish i had ignored everyone and had my smear when it was Due.. So if you have not had one (at any age) make an apointmet for one...and also ask about the injection, as its not publicised here in the UK. My neice in Los Angeles was given hers as where all the girls from College!

I know the Jade thread was closed but i just wanted to say to someone who said she was stupid.. she is not that stupid as she made Millions and lost nearly everything and now has rebuilt her life.. to be able to do that is the work of a smart girl.

Also she never once said her Death would be on TV?? Jade only gave one interview over the weakend and it was to carole Malone (She never gave an interview to any other papers so you really can't rely on what they say!! and she does not say she will die on the TV here is her quote

“I’ve lived in front of the cameras. And maybe I’ll die in front of them".

She does a lot of charity work which she doesnt boast about!!!

Well that is me and this is me Jumping off my soap box :chatterbox:

Hi Becky , so glad to hear you beat this horrible disease, fingers crossed you will never have to go through it again. Lets hope that people who dont keep up to date with smears read your post and book one straight away, as you say it isnt painful, maybe a tad embarrasing but as Gary once said to me, better to have 2 minutes of embarrasment than not go at all !

Wishing you lots of luck for the future

Cal x

Guest snow white
I am really glad that this thread has been spilt, thankyou :yes:

I would like to send my thoughts again to Jade & her family.....

Heres wishing that she has a beautiful wedding day

Kelly :v_SPIN:

i agree me and my family would like to wish her all the best for her wedding day jade and her family deserve the most special day that will stay precious in her families memories forever more

lesley x

Guest evalily

i've heard some terrible things like sites where you can slag jade off, who brings these people up? her words that "no one will look after my boys the way i do" really got to me, every mother should take heed and cherish their time with their kids, and for the sake of this nasty world we live in today, try and teach them some compassion cos there doesn't seem to be a lot around.

WHen is she getting married?

Not sure when, But Harrods gave her the wedding dress as a gift and Elton John said that they could Marry at his home...

Really hope the sun will shine for them that day and that they have a day for the family especially the children to cherish x

Guest becky1973

Jack was released a couple of weeks ago...

The wedding will be ASAP as she only has weeks to live...Apparently, Elton John has offered his home for her wedding and mohammed al Fayed has offered her a dress from Harrods... Fingers crossed it will be an amazing day for her!

Guest kaztayli

I must admit that I have never been a massive Jade Goody fan - I've always found her to be incredibly common - however that said - I also have to admit that I have to respect her. Yes she might be earning money from showing what it's like to have cancer on tv but I would do the same thing - if I was in her shoes. She's been honest enough to say that she is going to earn as much as she can to ensure her son's have the best of everything.

Nobody can fault her on hording as much as she can for her children - she's trying to pack as much as she can in a potentially short few weeks.

I wish she could beat this cancer for the sake of herself and her young family!

Guest paul n kath
WHen is she getting married?

Thgey said on the radio earlier that they are to wed this sunday, hope she has a fantastic day she deserves it.xs

Thgey said on the radio earlier that they are to wed this sunday, hope she has a fantastic day she deserves it.xs

Yes I read it was to be on Sunday & she is determined to 'walk' down the ailse, even though she is really weak

Her dress sounds amazing & as others have said, I hope it gives her, her boys, Jack & her family, some happy memories

Kelly :v_SPIN:

Guest becky1973

On our local radio today it was reported that numbers of women having smear tests had reached record numbers, one doctor called it the Jade Goody effect.. which is great news

Also it was repprted that there will not be anymore Jade shows recorded.. Her wedding day will be the last one.. at least we will get to see her do the one thing she has wanted to do in a long time!

Right now I am devastated for any young woman losing her life in this way but am finding it increasingly tasteless the way that the media are starting to build this story. She has a right to eek out her last weeks in the way she feels fit. However Gordon Brown has just answered a question about her on Sky News! Pleeeeze surely he hasnt fallen that low that he has to court support from the media regarding this poor woman's plight. I feel very uneasy about this.

Guest becky1973
Right now I am devastated for any young woman losing her life in this way but am finding it increasingly tasteless the way that the media are starting to build this story. She has a right to eek out her last weeks in the way she feels fit. However Gordon Brown has just answered a question about her on Sky News! Pleeeeze surely he hasnt fallen that low that he has to court support from the media regarding this poor woman's plight. I feel very uneasy about this.

We all have an opionion on this subject and most of us are saddened by Jades sad news... love her or hate her no one deserves what she is going through!

Gordon Brown did say "It is very sad and tragic that somebody so young has got this deadly disease of cancer.

"It is very sad indeed that the treatment that has been given has not been successful.

"I think everybody has their own ways of dealing with these problems, and her determination to help her family is something that we have got to applaud.

"I wish her well and I wish her family well, and I know that the whole country will be worried and anxious about her health!

I don't see that he is gaining support from the media on this subject, as he only human and i sure what he has said is from the heart and not what he has been told to say!

Jade is not a political person and would tell you she knows nothing about politics so i dont see how Mr Brown's comments will work to his advantage.. esspecially when most people are being affected by the credit crunch!

Fair point. I still feel she is massively manipulated and that at this horrendous time no comments should be made at such a public level by anyone, as a mark of respect and to help dampen the media fire. I actually quite like her for all her faults but worry that she only makes good copy out there in media land where no one actually cares very much. Poor girl, no one deserves what she and her family must be going through. She should be left with peace and dignity now.

Jade has spoken out this week in a magazine that her wedding on sunday will be the last public photo shoot! As she wants to spend the rest of the time she has left with her husband and sons privately, Also that she is helping raise awareness for cervical cancer charity jo's trust, and macmillian nurses,

She has also done memory boxes for her sons, She also says she is funding their private school education untill they are 18 as she wants them to have the very best start in life, And thats what her money is for!!

I say good on her, She is a very brave woman who just wants what is best for her family,

Your heart goes out to her and her young family.

Archived