175 applicants who got a CO in 09 ??!!

Guest 3zooz

I started this thread for those of us who are waiting their 175 visa ... As DIAC started to process 175 applications with occupations on the CSL list , I want anyyone of u guys who is waiting for or already got a CO in 09 ( not before) to share with us so that we can track ours !!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scott hogarth

Hi, we applied for our visa in August 2008. Still no case officer as yet. I'm a brickie and we applied via an agent. Good post - lets hope we all hear some good news soon!!

We applied for our 175 in november 2008. We were gutted when we read about the minister changes to process employer and state sponsored first. However, we have applied for state nomination so hopefully we can transfer the visa from 175 to 176. There is no difference in the fee. Fingers crossed this will quicken the process for us. :smile:

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that some people have submitted a 175 online and were asked for medicals/police checks a month or so later.....i was of the opinion that you would only be asked for these once the application was well underway and practically approved like they are the last step before approval...im obviously wrong.

Is it not the CO that tells you to go to meds etc when he/she has approved everything?

thanks

Karl

Apparently if our state nomination is approved, (having submitted a form to the relevant state) they will then send DIAC a form which indicates that we have got sponsorship for their state. This will then allow us to apply via 176 sponsored method. Not sure on exact details but am sure the CO will explain. Definitely recommend calling DIAC directly. We spoke to an advisor and they were very helpful! Apparently the 175 and 176 applications are processed jointly. Basically same information needed for both only difference being whether you have sponsorship or not!

Hey Karl,

We can only hope but I dont think we have yet! When we spoke to the advisor on the telephone they said that CO are being allocated to Employer Sponsored and State Sponsored only at the moment. However, as were on the CSL list we are still a priority but behind sponsored!! We were told that having sponsorship would speed up the process of getting a CO. Have you applied for a 175 or 176?

Also people any info on Karls query about police/medical will be gratfeully received as we were also told, like Karl, to wait until CO tells you to go ahead. I think the medical tests have an expiry on them!

maybe you could answer my question....we are wondering about a 175 or a 176. I know if we go for the 176 we have to stay in that state for 2 years. I am wondering about the length of time you have to use the 176 visa. With the 175 we can go to Oz to validate it and then have 5 years to use it.............is this the same for the 176?

thanks

Karl

If they are handling sponsored visas first though, and we know which state we want to live in, it makes sense to go for a skilled sponsored visa even though we have the points for the skilled independent 175. Hopefully when we get allocated a case officer we can ask whether it is advisable to stay on the 175 applcation or (if we get sponsorship from the state) change to a 176. At least if we get the state nomination we have the choice.

Guest GillianM

Hi, we lodged our 175 skilled visa on 2nd Dec 2008, we are with agent, Gomatilda. They will inform us to when to get meds and police checks done. OH is a Vehicle Painter, want to move to Brisbane. Was hoping to move this year but looks like next year now.

Gillian

Guest michelledenham

Hi,

So whats going on with CSL.... I thougth if you were still on the list and had applied for a 175skilled visa, you were still granted priority.... IS THIS WRONG?

Guest Dionne and Rickie

Hi everyone we applied with 175 in Oct 08 we are on the CSL list, i noticed on here that most people on this thread have applied in the later part of the year like us. Was just wandering was there anybody who have applied early on in the year (last year) who have or havn't got their CO so we could get an idea of timelines. Thanks everyone:hug:.

Dionne

It is all very confusing. When we called up last week we were told that employer and state sponsored visas were being dealt with first regardless of whether you were on the CSL list. The advisor we spoke to seemed to be strongly urging us to get state sponsorship as they were being allcoated case officers immediately. She told us that all of the employer and state sponsored visas were being given the priority before CSL visas were even being looked at!!! Hence why we are trying to get state sponsorship. Kris called a few days later to check whether our 175 would still be considered and the advisor he spoke to said that CSL list was still a priority and would be processed however she could not give us a timescale as the sponsored visas were getting priority. The vibe we got was although 175 CSL applications were still a priority processing application, it wouldn't be ask quick as sponsored so we have looked at getting state sponsorship. It is all down to the minister changing the order of priority in January!! Such a stressful process getting a visa!!!!

Guest Tottenhamjohn
Hi, we lodged our 175 skilled visa on 2nd Dec 2008, we are with agent, Gomatilda. They will inform us to when to get meds and police checks done. OH is a Vehicle Painter, want to move to Brisbane. Was hoping to move this year but looks like next year now.

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

You should be able to have your Meds/P Checks done when you want.It's called front loading,it just means when you get allocated a CO they already have them in place. Sometimes you don't even hear from your CO and next thing you know you've got your visa.The only gamble is that Meds and Police checks only last 12 months from when you have them done,so if you haven't got your CO by then you may well have to do them again.We're getting our Meds done on 21st Feb and send of for Police checks the same time.I lodged our 175 skilled visa on the 3rd Sept 08 and I'm on both MODL and CSL.I'm now going to apply for 176 State Sponsor,it doesn't cost anymore and you can do it online yourself , they are processing a lot quicker.

Hope this has helped,

John

I think it will be the same as they are both permanent visas. Good point though will check on this. Do you think that you will not be going out as soon as your visa is granted then?

Hi,

We would like the flexibility to be able to go out when we want to, i am trying to convince OH that we go next year, I would go tomorrow if I could!

I think we can apply for 175. I can apply as an accountant even through I have no experience in this role I do have plenty of experience as a financial advisor, which is allowable as a 'closely related occupation' for experience purposes.

Our agent says that NSW state are offering sponsorship for financial advisors, which she thinks would be easier to get. I assume if a state is sponsoring someone based on the current demands they would not want someone not gonig to OZ for a few years as the demand may have changed for by then?

Then again, I believe that even though they are sponsoring you for a specific occupation apparently do not need to work in the occupation....which is a bit strange!

Our agent is getting my accounting and financual advisor skills assesed and depending on the outcome of that we will decide on the visa to apply for.

so that's the story so far......

Archived