175 applicants who got a CO in 09 ??!!

Guest 3zooz

Guest vixpinkbabe
Hi Gillian,

You should be able to have your Meds/P Checks done when you want.It's called front loading,it just means when you get allocated a CO they already have them in place. Sometimes you don't even hear from your CO and next thing you know you've got your visa.The only gamble is that Meds and Police checks only last 12 months from when you have them done,so if you haven't got your CO by then you may well have to do them again.We're getting our Meds done on 21st Feb and send of for Police checks the same time.I lodged our 175 skilled visa on the 3rd Sept 08 and I'm on both MODL and CSL.I'm now going to apply for 176 State Sponsor,it doesn't cost anymore and you can do it online yourself , they are processing a lot quicker.

Hope this has helped,

John

Hi John,

Only thing with getting medicals done now is that DIAC are requesting that we dont send them in until requested by the case officer. Mine are done but sitting in Birmingham at the moment... :( xx

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Scamp1976

Applied in July 2008. Frontloaded everything incl meds and police checks.

Called DIAC and still no C/O allocated. We're on the CSL and the MODL too

Hi Guys,

Seen most of you all applied August 08 onwards - don't want to upset anyone but you might all be in for a much longer wait yet. We weren't expecting to be waiting this long either when we started.

Application lodged online = May 08. Medicals done 15th Sept and front loaded. Still heard nothing - haven't had confirmation of a CO or anything.

We are on a 175 - Bricklayer visa on MODL and new CSL.

Online tracking has been updated once on 12th Dec 2008 thats it.

The wait is driving me mad - just trying to put it to the back of mind now. :arghh:

Tina

Hi Scamp1976 ,

U're situation is similar to mine :)

Can I just know when exactly didi u call DIAC and what exactly did they tell u ??

Cheers

Hi All

Am a Nov 07 175 VE paper application, I requested information for my application status using the email General Skilled Migration Pre-Lodgement Enquiry Form on the 9th Feb 2009. On 14th Feb 2009 I got a replying saying the below.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s

General Skilled Migration programme.

Your file is currently with your case officer for further processing. If

your case officer requires any additional documentation/information to

assist in the processing of your visa application they will contact you.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

For any further enquiries about the application you have lodged please

refer to our website using the following link http://www.immi.gov.

au/contacts/visa-enquiries/professionals.htm

Do you know of anyone getting such a response and if yes! how long did the CO take to contact you?

:jiggy: This is really good news for 175ers paper based, seem like they are also processing files after 1st Sep 2007.

Hi All

Am a Nov 07 175 VE paper application, I requested information for my application status using the email General Skilled Migration Pre-Lodgement Enquiry Form on the 9th Feb 2009. On 14th Feb 2009 I got a replying saying the below.

Dear Sir/Madam

Do you know of anyone getting such a response and if yes! how long did the CO take to contact you?

:jiggy: This is really good news for 175ers paper based, seem like they are also processing files after 1st Sep 2007.

Kenya ,

Are u serious ???

Sorry , It is just coz I can't believe they r processing those after Sep. 2007 !!!

Did u know before that u have a CO or u just knew it via their reply ???

U gave us hope dear by these news !!

Cheers

Hi all,

We submitted our 175 visa at the end of August 2008.........still nothing, we have done our medicals and are about to send off the police checks. Our Agent says the processing time is 8-10 months from when we submitted it..........so frustrating though hopefully soon we will hear something.

Garry

Cheers

Guest Scamp1976
Hi Scamp1976 ,

U're situation is similar to mine :)

Can I just know when exactly didi u call DIAC and what exactly did they tell u ??

Cheers

Glad to hear we're not the only ones. We've more or less put it behind us at the moment. I'm doing my CCNA ( got it !! ) and also CCNP now. I called the DIAC a few weeks ago ( sorry cannot remember, but I think it was somewhere around 8 Januari 2009 ) and they told us that they were reorganizing everything and that they would be busy processing the sponsored visa's first, and this would take until at LEAST 15 februari 2009.

So now theoretically they should be done with processing the sponsored visa's and now will start with the CSL based visa's. When all the CSL ones have been done, they will focus on the non-CSL ones.

Basically I think we won't have our Visa before April 2009. But that's ok , we're keeping ourselves busy, and all this time the houseprices in Australia are going down down down... good for us at least if we can sell our last house here :) ( we had 3 but sold 2 already at a VERY VERY good price ). Last one is on the market since 1 februari, so we'll see what happens with that.

We lodged our application (175 Csl) in August 08. We front loaded meds and Police checks in November. We've heard nothing yet.

We were told 6-9 months and our agent seems to think we will get it in that time.

I am very pleased to hear that Kenya has got a case officer - it really gives us hope. I was starting to despair over the weekend thinking we are never going to get to Oz.

Hi All

Dear Sir/Madam

Don't mean to put a dampner on things but i looked at this form and it said not to complete if you have lodged an application:unsure: so is the reply you got about your query rather than your visa?

claire

Guest Jacky L

Hi all, we lodged on 5th Sept and not heard anything either. We were due to have medicals end of Jan but due to the new "rules" we put them off until our Agent advises us to go due to the fact that the medical centre wont send them anyway, it seemed pointless and knocks time off to validate the visa. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :arghh:

Guest vixpinkbabe
Hi all, we lodged on 5th Sept and not heard anything either. We were due to have medicals end of Jan but due to the new "rules" we put them off until our Agent advises us to go due to the fact that the medical centre wont send them anyway, it seemed pointless and knocks time off to validate the visa. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :arghh:

Hi Jack,

It's annoying isnt it, I got mine done and on the same day DIAC decided they didnt want us to send them in, so they're sitting in Birmingham medical centre doing nothing.... Grrr

I hope you hear something soon xx

Vicky xx

P.S You're not with OE by any chance are you? x

Guest michelledenham

Hey,

We have logged our 175 visa in Nov..... Crinimal checks in, medicals booked beg march...

We have spoke to our agent re; state sponsorship aswell as pr visa.. But he said that because I am a senior Cancer nurse he doesn't think it will make much of a difference.... He doesn't think we should try and apply for 'the state sponsorship', just let our Pr visa run.... He also seemed to think that most visa's will be passed soon, especially if they are on the CSL. He said that if you read the 'Documents'....... It's warded as a proposel.

I am getting so confused.. My husband and I have been arguing over this.

Just don't know what to do!

Guest Scamp1976
Hey,

We have logged our 175 visa in Nov..... Crinimal checks in, medicals booked beg march...

We have spoke to our agent re; state sponsorship aswell as pr visa.. But he said that because I am a senior Cancer nurse he doesn't think it will make much of a difference.... He doesn't think we should try and apply for 'the state sponsorship', just let our Pr visa run.... He also seemed to think that most visa's will be passed soon, especially if they are on the CSL. He said that if you read the 'Documents'....... It's warded as a proposel.

I am getting so confused.. My husband and I have been arguing over this.

Just don't know what to do!

Don't fight over something like this. I am in the lucky position that my O/H trusts me 100% to do the right thing and she let's me handle the whole visa process without interfering. We wouldn't even think about arguing about something like that. If Australia wants us, then we will come. If they don't want us, or they take their time, then we will fill our time here in Europe doing useful stuff for ourselves.

Not getting into Australia is not the end of the world. Especially in these times of economic uncertainty , you are actually better off being in the UK I think.

But don't fight about it, it's silly.

Guest Jacky L
Hi Jack,

It's annoying isnt it, I got mine done and on the same day DIAC decided they didnt want us to send them in, so they're sitting in Birmingham medical centre doing nothing.... Grrr

I hope you hear something soon xx

Vicky xx

P.S You're not with OE by any chance are you? x

Hiya Vicky

No we aren't with OE but with Go Matilda. When did you lodge your visa?

Tired of all this waiting now and sick of checking the DIAC site are you!!ha ha!

Jacky xx

Guest elaineyc

hi everyone, was wondering if anyone had sent a blank email to processing to find out what's happening now that the deadline date of 13th feb has passed for c/o allocation for those folks who were further up the visa ladder than us 175 folk??? With any luck maybe us lot will hear when they might give a date to allocate us a c/o in the near future eh! Application lodged 30/09/08 (paper) and not heard anything yet. Boo hoo!!!:unsure: cheers elaineyc x

Archived