Meds done in Huddersfield:))))

Briggy

Finaly done Meds police checks fine so just a waiting game now.:wacko: Head spinnin,

Hope the family from Sheffield did ok to.

What they fail to tell you is that ontop of your meds they charge you £18,00 to send it to oz and £30.00 VAT:shocked:

My OH phoned twice and asked them for the full price so we took the right ammount, then we were told the extra cost and had to rob the bank again. Thank god we are all done, I can honestly say it hasn't been an enjoyable experience, and will be glad when were in oz.

Heres to OZ

Cheers Briggy xxx:)))

What a journey.

hi guys,

just a wondering how long it took to book your meds at hudds and what was the total cost thanks kasper

Hi there the total was incuding vat and postage is xrays £56 each

If you have tattoo's £15 for 3 tests £45 total

Med cost per person £95 each

Total is for one person £196

additional costs £16 postage for it to go to oz

vat on med cost of £30.90

So for two peeps it cost us £440.00

You can actually book it within a week if you need to.

Hope this helps.

Brig :wubclub:

not forgetting parking £2.50 parking at the hospital or you can park in the doc surgery for free.

Guest stockies

Meds all done and police checks done , now ya can join the rest of us in this long flaming wait !!!!

Hope its not too long a wait for you.

Claire. XX

Guest Cane Family

Hi,

For Tattooos it does cost an additional £15 for HEB B & C, the other blood test is a compulsory one if over 15, HIV test.

Regards

Well done on meds and p/c's hopefully won't be too long a wait for you. Know what you mean about robbing bank though just seems like one cost after another. We had to do five meds inc 3 xrays and 3 police checks ouchh! GOOD LUCK. xxx

176 lodged 13/05/2008

Meds finalised 14/07/2008

C/O 07/01/2009 Waiting again....

:SLEEP:

Hi we had our meds done in Huddersfield (the practice next to the hospital) and we were given the full price, so there were no surprises when we came to pay.

I wonder if people have been asking for them to be sent by courier (they sent ours by Royal Mail) and so have started to omit the postage costs?

Don't understand the VAT part as you would assume that that would be included anyway! It's not like your getting your medical done at a wholesale cash and carry.:confused:

Guest madplumber1
Meds all done and police checks done , now ya can join the rest of us in this long flaming wait !!!!

Hope its not too long a wait for you.

Claire. XX

Claire

You've got it in one, the flamin long wait......176 means nowt to the ASPC......long wait...more like when they feel like it!!! 176 visa by the 13th of Feb....don't think so...:arghh:

Hi we had our med2obesis done in Huddersfield (the practice next to the hospital) and we were given the full price, so there were no surprises when we came to pay.

I wonder if people have been asking for them to be sent by courier (they sent ours by Royal Mail) and so have started to omit the postage costs?

Don't understand the VAT part as you would assume that that would be included anyway! It's not like your getting your medical done at a wholesale cash and carry.:confused:

gutted

we had our medicals done today in york, 2 adults for x rays at york district £172.00

then £300.00 at abbey medial cente which includes postage to australia. total 472.00.

Now comes the hard bit. I know I am a bit over weight. My bmi is 30.90. They want 30 or below. Doctor said that "in his opinon my obesity" did not effect my health. He said they may want further tests. I am 5'3 and weigh 13 stone. Nurse said they used to look at 40 or below. Feel so fat and low.

Hi we had our meds done in Huddersfield (the practice next to the hospital) and we were given the full price, so there were no surprises when we came to pay.

It's ridiculas, my OH phoned twice and said is that it, and they said yes after all there was no vat added for the xrays.

DOH

Brig:arghh:

gutted

we had our medicals done today in york, 2 adults for x rays at york district £172.00

then £300.00 at abbey medial cente which includes postage to australia. total 472.00.

Now comes the hard bit. I know I am a bit over weight. My bmi is 30.90. They want 30 or below. Doctor said that "in his opinon my obesity" did not effect my health. He said they may want further tests. I am 5'3 and weigh 13 stone. Nurse said they used to look at 40 or below. Feel so fat and low.

Aw bless,

I'm 5'5 and weigh 14 1/2 stone but I did make a point and said I had lost 2 stone since christmas. And I was planning on going to the gym.

I'm not unhealthy so we shall see, I'm classed as obese too crap isn't it.

Just worked out my BMI is 33.8 ha ha even at 12 1/2 stone I'm still classed as obese:wideeyed: My Oh who dose hard work lifting and is 5'10 at 13 stone is also classed as overweight. Bloody ridiculas.

Let me know how you get on pet, the doc didn't mension owt about my weight so lets hope I'm ok.

Cheer up pet Brig xxx:)))

gutted

I know I am a bit over weight. My bmi is 30.90. They want 30 or below. Doctor said that "in his opinon my obesity" did not effect my health. He said they may want further tests. I am 5'3 and weigh 13 stone. Nurse said they used to look at 40 or below. Feel so fat and low.

Don't worry too much valandbaz, my BMI was 31 and my blood pressure was fractionally over the limit but I passed the medical without any trouble.

Good luck

Phil

I'm depressed now as mine was 39. doc said they will look twice at it. I was told if 40 or above will really look at it.

We will just have to keep our fingers and toes crossed hun. We can't all be slim, the world would be a boring place. One of the other peeps said it has to be below 30 so I'm stuffed. If I have to have another bmi done i will starve myself just t get below:no: I likes me food too.

Looks like a waiting game then for us mmmmmmmmmmmm.:wacko:

Brig xxx:)))

Archived